JACK M

wheel horse rusted eletric clutch stallws engine when engageing

JACK M

my wheel horse model 211-5 RUSTED  electric clutch stalls engine when trying to be engaged is  there a quick fix??? I HAVE THE MOWER REMOVED AND BELTS YOU HAVE TO BIMP THE TOGGLE SWITCH BEFORE IT STALLS ENGINE....IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF IGNITION.I DO NOT NO HOW MUCH OF A JOB IT IS TO REMOVE THE CLUTCH. I AM HANDICAPPED AN CAN NOT LAY UNDER THE TRACTOR .....MY SON REMOVED THE BOLT HOLDING CLUTCH TO CRANK SHAFT BUT IT DID NOT COME OFF THE SHAFT. HE  TAPPED IT A FEW TIMES AND NOW IT IS SOAKING WITH BLASTER PENETRATING OIL HOP[ING FOR A MIRACLE!!!! ANY BODY NO OF A BETTER PENETRATING OIL??? I DO NOT NO THE YEAR BECAUSE THE MODEL TAG UNDER THE SEAT IS HALF MISSING...  I  AM 83 YRS OLD AND WOULD JUST LIKE TO PUTT AROUND MY SMALL YARD..  I HAVE EVERY THING ELSE WORKING BUT NEED TUBES OR FRONT TIRES BECAUSE  THEY ARE DRY ROTTED...........OF COURSE I DO NOT HAVE MUCH EXTRA MONEY TO BE PUTTING IN A NEW CLUTCH.................THANK YOU ALL  FOR YOUR RESPONCES........JACK M.

Edited by JACK M
ADDIONAL INFORMATION.

gwest_ca

Is it stalling the engine as in it won't turn or is it shutting the engine ignition OFF?

Any bearing that has failed in the belt idlers to the spindle bearings will stall the engine.

The seat switch can shut the engine off with the pto ON so wonder if it is the cause of the failure?

With the mower running and the operator falls out of seat the engine should quit.

The 211-5 was sold 1985-1989 so this one may not be correct. If not post the tractor model number - may be under the seat on a decal.

Garry

953 nut
1 hour ago, JACK M said:

is  there a quick fix?

:WRS:

I presume you have removed the belt and found that the engine isn't being dragged down with it removed. Also you have checked to see that nothing on the deck is contributing to the problem. Quick fixes generally don't last very long. If it is the clutch, best bet would be to  remove and disassemble the clutch and use steel wool and WD-40 to remove rust from the components. 

The clutch in the attached thread is similar to yours, read it and see what you think.

JACK M

he mower is removed from the tractor..so i think it has to be in the clutch assy. is it hard to remove the clutch? i had the bolt out the shaft but nothing come off??