tims tractors

Levers

tims tractors

Does anyone know if there is still somebody reproducing the choke an throttle levers, and the cover plate, for a 1960/ 400 suburban. Thanks. Tim

WHX??

No not that I am aware of Tim.... I do know @Racinbob made his own hopefully he will chime in.

Racinbob

The face of my cover plate was pitted badly and I only had one lever. The piece under the hood was usable. I was able to flip the face plate and used one of Terry's decals modified because my serial number was long gone.. The levers are made from a length of stock from Lowes. The one lever I had was pretty mangled but good enough for a template. I rough cut them with a hacksaw and then fabricated a jig to hold the two new pieces along with the template and used a benchtop belt sander to grind them to shape. Some polishing and knobs from Glen and I was good to go. :)

59b514dbc6bd6_ControlsComplete.JPG.e6362351c20b4f826c6878410b6dbfa3.JPG

If you need a new face plate simply use a piece of flat stock cut to size.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

tims tractors

i have nothing to start with but yours came out really nice. Tim

CasualObserver

There was someone on the forum several years back who made a run of reproduction sets. I don't think he ever made a second run. I know... not helpful... but it can be done if someone wants to take it on! Some careful searches might turn up some of those posts... but it was at least 5 years ago. Someone else was reproducing the cover plates with laser etching but I haven't seen him around the forum in a couple years.

CasualObserver

Found the old post.... looks like it was back in 2010 that @rwilson made some. I don't remember that he ever made any more, but you could ask him.