ztnoo

Hurricane Irma: Bad news for Florida

19richie66

Glad to hear it Bob. Take care of that ticker!

• Like 2

rtfbg
On 9/16/2017 at 10:55 PM, 19richie66 said:

Glad to hear it Bob. Take care of that ticker!

How did you make out over there??

953 nut
On 9/16/2017 at 10:14 PM, gulftane said:

NO DAMAGE, NO FLOODING!!!  With packing up stuff and getting out, then getting back in, my ticker is workin pretty hard.  Nitro patches on top of each other!!

Glad to hear you and the "Beast" are OK. Take care of yourself.

r356c

Utility power restored by Duke Energy a couple of hours ago. 

Enjoying central air conditioning and water flowing out of taps once again. :woohoo:

Nine days on the little Yamaha generator. After the last batch of hurricanes in 2004 with almost two weeks on an Onan twin, I heard the drone of that engine in my sleep for days afterward. The Yamaha is an inverter type that varies the engine RPM to the load. That made the generator easier to live with. It sipped fuel compared to a constant speed gen set. It used 5 gallons a day with a full size fridge and small window shaker AC unit 24/7. Only .6 quart of oil in the crankcase had me nervous enough to change the oil every 72 hours. 216 hours use this go around. I would estimate at least 700 more left in it. It's a keeper.

Like 2004, broadband internet and cable TV worked fine if you thought of running an cord to the cable and WiFi box.

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Glad to read everyone was good, most of my family and friends in Florida were good to, the power outage was the biggest, storm surge and stuff as predicted worked out differant to many other spots. Keep the faith folks, all is good.

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
10 hours ago, gulftane said:

How did you make out over there??

We did good. A little tree damage and some water but I live on a sandy ridge so it was sucked up by the time the sun came up. Still picking up tree debris and burning it. No building damage. 

• Like 3