eddiebunyan

Electrical

eddiebunyan

I have a 1997 520h with a kwikway loader.If you open the hood ,on the crossbar is a elecrical connector with a lot of wires.When I start the tractor it runs shortly then dies and I get nothing when I turn the key!If I wiggle the connector I get power again and it may start but soon dies.I took the connector apart and some of the pins were rusty,so I cleaned them up as best i could and put a dab of dielectric on each pin.Put the connector back together and got the same results.I'm assuming the coil wire is to fault but the wiring diagram at toro(I don't have the manual) gives me no clue as to what color wire goes to what.If I could find the culprit I'd splice the wire.  Any suggestions? ED

953 nut

The first step in curing any electrical problem is to clean and tighten  ALL electrical connections including grounds. 

23 hours ago, eddiebunyan said:

I took the connector apart and some of the pins were rusty,so I cleaned them up as best i could and put a dab of dielectric on each pin.Put the connector back together and got the same results

You might want to contact @rmaynard and get a new 9 Pin.

• Thanks 1

gwest_ca

Garry