"Manic-Mechanic"

Valspar IHR & Clear-coat?

Johndeereelfman
On 9/6/2017 at 6:55 PM, Oldman said:

I can not acquire that brand of paint. 

Not sure why you say you cannot acquire the Tallman's Ag paint. I see that you are from around my area, and if you are close to the Ephrata area in Lancaster County, then you can acquire this paint brand from Paul B. Zimmerman's hardware store. If not close by, you can also purchase it online as well. Not trying to talk you out of your paint brand, but if you'd try the Tallman's brand, I'd be willing to bet that you'll never go back to your other brands. I've tried numerous brands myself throughout the years, but once I've tried Tallman's, I'm a firm believer that this is the best paint brand to work with. This paint is available in spray cans, quarts, and gallons, as is the clear coating, so no matter what your choice of method may be, they have you covered. I really like the shine that it gives even without clear coating, however as with any finish, the prep work is the key to achieving the nicest results. You can't expect to get a smooth automotive type shine by only applying one or two coats of color and one or two coats of clear without doing the hard work in between. 

• Excellent 1

953 nut
9 minutes ago, Johndeereelfman said:

You can't expect to get a smooth automotive type shine by only applying one or two coats of color and one or two coats of clear without doing the hard work in between. 

Image result for quote of the day

• Thanks 2

"Manic-Mechanic"

Well, honestly, just not interested in another brand, familiar with Valspar, the chemical reaction with other paints, as well as, Rustoleom. Matter of fact I just ordered two more gallon IHR.

Edited by Oldman
  • Like 1