Ed Kennell

Rainy day Horse

Wishin4a416

Good save Ed.. The deck looks to be Ok from the pics.

• Like 3

SPINJIM

Nice save, and a good winter project.

• Like 2

wfrpalm

Nice save. Here's mine

empty 5-25-15 081.jpg

Edited by wfrpalm
  • Like 5

AMC RULES

Nice save :wh: Ed. 

The free hitch alone...    :handgestures-thumbsup:

was worth the price for admission. 

• Like 4

Ed Kennell
41 minutes ago, wfrpalm said:

Nice save. Here's mine

empty 5-25-15 081.jpg

Looks good,  but I can't help myself......is the recliner seat original or is that a special order  option??    :teasing-poke::laughing-rolling:

2 hours ago, Wishin4a416 said:

Good save Ed.. The deck looks to be Ok from the pics.

Thanks Jack.  The gears and spindles  seem OK,  but the cast iron spindle support plate  has the standard crack.    The shell has a little rot between the deck support angles, but not bad for over 50 years of mowing.

• Like 2

Tankman

Excellent save Ed! Keep the Horses in Pennsylvania.

Stallions love Penn's Woods!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

Retired Wrencher

Good save Ed. Lots of good parts or project. Enjoy what ever you do.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

elliot ness

Great score, and thanks for the save.:text-bravo:

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

Great Save Ed:greetings-clappingyellow:!

As you know, the 875 has always had a special place in my heart!  Awesome!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Gave the  little horse a much needed bath.

IMG_8199.JPG.05ae99a402207337c079ce207bd5503f.JPG

And he is finally inside a warm dry barn with other horses.

IMG_8203.JPG.d64f25468e3fec8411ae2d96591e85a2.JPG

Next step.....see if we can find some fire ..... there was a coil under all the grease and dirt.

IMG_8205.JPG.75f25f177930e79f5dbbb1faaf4726c9.JPG

The muffler repair may be a challenge  ..... I'm thinking STACK.

• Like 7

AMC RULES

Like night & day the difference Ed.  :clap:

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:    Your other horses seem to be checking out the new member of the herd! All standing there staring at him.   :ychain:

IMG_8203.JPG.d64f25468e3fec8411ae2d96591e85a2.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell

Well, I think I found the reason this horse was parked many years back.     This is the ignition wire from the switch to the coil.  rubbed bare where it went thru the hood stand hole behind the fuel tank.

IMG_8227.JPG.bb2c1fb65824e56928ceff82f66cf67f.JPG

I replaced the bad wiring and cleaned all the terminal connections.

IMG_8209.JPG.8eab5d20f60ce3d8283d588bcafd928c.JPG

Put on a new plug, and cranked it over..... no fire.    Installed a new condenser and the plug lit up.

IMG_8211.JPG.48f57176532bd9343b724193aed2b524.JPGIMG_8214.JPG.d1efe7edec9ad4b9abd848f59484caa6.JPG

Hung a gravity fuel tank,  primed her with starting fluid, hit the start switch and she couldn't wait to run.

No smoke and no unusual noises.IMG_8221.JPG.9a503886acb2ba03ebb50f72dbd0bcd3.JPG

She's alive.             :woohoo:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

ACman

Ed , I'd love to own that one :) !

• Like 1

ericj
2 hours ago, ACman said:

Ed , I'd love to own that one :) !

I'm sure Ed would love to sell it to for the right price lol  :hide:

eric j

• Like 1

Sarge

Did you actually catch a pic of the spark jump ?? That's about 1 in a million there...

Crazy how it's the smallest of things , like a simple wire or condenser that people park these , many to sit and rot for eternity .

Sarge

• Like 1

WHX??

How does the tranny look Ed?

Ed Kennell

16 minutes ago, Sarge said:
25 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Did you actually catch a pic of the spark jump ?? That's about 1 in a million there...

Yes I did Sarge.   It's really not difficult with a manual camera.   Just set the lens to stay open long enough to span one rev. It does cause the out of focus though.

Crazy how it's the smallest of things , like a simple wire or condenser that people park these , many to sit and rot for eternity .

So true... In most cases these neglected tractors can be running with very little effort.  

10 minutes ago, WHX12 said:

How does the tranny look Ed?

It has been converted from ATF to OIL and the oil looks and smells good.     It rolls easy with the tow valve open and plenty of resistance with the valve closed.

So I think it is good Jim.   As soon as I get the fuel system back together, I will hook her to a tree and check the tranny.  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

I do have a question on the fuel pump.  It has a hand priming lever.   I have never seen this on other pumps.

Was this stock issue?

IMG_8222.JPG.81d251026003f052084e94650476b70b.JPG

WHX??

A buddy that works at Kohler told me some engines were speced with the primer lever and it is thought that inventory was low that day on the assembly line of non primer ones so a few of our engines got them. Also possible tha the wrong lot got put out on the line by mistake. He said that still happens in this day of computer inventory control.

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, WHX12 said:

A buddy that works at Kohler told me some engines were speced with the primer lever and it is thought that inventory was low that day on the assembly line of non primer ones so a few of our engines got them. Also possible tha the wrong lot got put out on the line by mistake. He said that still happens in this day of computer inventory control.

Seems to be a 1965 and earlier item, very handy to have for any engine that sits for a few days.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I couldn't resist taking this somewhat rare pump apart.    It was in amazingly good condition.  The only problem was a torn seal on the primer shaft.  The diaphragm  and valves look good.  I planned to make a seal and put it back together until I picked up one of the tiny valve springs  with my numb arthritic hand. 

Yep, I dropped it never to be found again.IMG_8236.JPG.b4ff58a5d5a5c8dd5f845587a23aff34.JPG

Maybe ACE hardware or the local clock repair guy will have one.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 3

WHX??

Try a magnetic floor sweeper for that spring.....crunch.......never mind, I see you found it! :lol:

Looking for things I dropped on the barn floor.....there a year of my life I'll never get back!:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

I didn't find it Jim.    That's the other one tied to the envelope.    I did try a magnet, then swept the floor and sifted thru the dust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Oh I see it now  ...I was looking at the bigger spring at the top but that's for the diaphragm. I'm thinkin that's looks awful like a gas valve regulator spring that might work?? @ACman will know what I'm talking about.  Let me know if you can't source one local I'll send you a handful to try or might have one in the fuel pump parts bin as well.

• Like 3