cafoose

Wild turkeys on Market Street in West York

cafoose

I was working at my friend's new to his business building today and we saw wild turkeys crossing Market Street in West York!

20170903_175418.jpg

20170903_175430.jpg

20170903_175441.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:violence-blades:

varosd

Note the Turkey Hill sign in the background....:)

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

squonk

Those guys are all over the place. see them all the time. Sat. morning I had a doe run down my street and this spring there was a buck rummaging thru one of our flower beds. And I'm in the village! 

Terry M

Years ago here in Minnesota you would never see them.....but nowadays, the wild turkeys are becoming more and more common here . 

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:            A few years ago we had a flock of wild turkeys living in the woods next to McDonald's and they would come over to the drive through to get handouts a few times a day - - - - they loved the biscuits!  After a bunch of chicks hatched and were wondering through the parking lot the wildlife people came and relocated them to a National Forest. The manager of the McDonald's loved having them there, they attracted lots of business. 

• Like 3

CTPhil

They practically live in my yard.

P1040644turkeys.JPG

• Like 2

WHX??

They do live in my backyard and do regular clean up under the bird feeders. Any chance your buddy opening a deli featuring turkey sammiches Cafoose? :lol:

Seriously. ..nice to see this bird doing so well in the wild after years of almost endangered species. One  can say what they want about how screwed up their home states Dept. of Natural Resources is but most knocked it out of the park on this one. Quite common here in WI now.....even where the predator count, not including man, is high.

I'm sure most of you might know ole Ben Franklin wanted the turkey  to be the country's national bird back in the day! Morn'n likely cause it was on many of our forefathers tables back then. Me thinks he was overruled by his cronies that wanted something more fierce looking! 

Please do watch for them on the roads  tho.... hear tell it can be similar to a bowling ball coming through the windshield.

Edited by WHX12
  • Like 2

953 nut
49 minutes ago, WHX12 said:

Ben Franklin wanted the turkey  to be the country's national bird back in the day!

Now our nation's capital is full of them!    :ROTF:         :ychain:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Ohhhh how I wish for the days of Ben Franklin Richard!

• Thanks 1

Ken B

The turkey's are cool but what is the White looking Anaconda in the middle of your first pic? Looks like the Turks were walking towards him or it? And then they turned and ran for the hills?

19richie66

They were going across the street for the free breakfast sandwich.