bobbyboy39

Kohler Courage 22 no spark

bobbyboy39

the switch went out in my lawn mower and it'll be four days before I can get another one in I've tried straight wire in it and I'm not getting any Spark

953 nut

:WRS:       Please tell us what "I've tried straight wire in it and I'm not getting any Spark" means. Do you mean that you used jumpers to turn the starter over? Have you connected or unhooked any wires to the engine electrical wires?

If you tell us what model tractor you are working on we may be able to find a wiring diagram and help you.

gwest_ca

Here are some engine manuals. Most engines today use an electronic ignition that is self-powered. It is simply grounded to shut it off. If it sees any battery voltage it is too much for it and they burn up. 

Click on the fuzzy picture.

Garry

• Like 1

bobbyboy39

someone tried to steal it several years ago. so I've been steady cranking it with a screwdriver sense. I finally pushed the bottom plum out of the switch and it broke. so I'm wearing the red, red and black, yellow and orange wires together. grounding the green wire and Crossing out the cylinoide. no spark at the spark plug. it was running fine when I cut it off

it is a 2007 Troy Bilt zero turn mower with a Kohler Courage 22 motor on it

953 nut
46 minutes ago, bobbyboy39 said:

it is a 2007 Troy Bilt zero turn mower with a Kohler Courage 22 motor on it

We don't have any manuals on this site for a troy bilt so those colors are of no help.     :text-imsorry:

bobbyboy39

Red is battery.    Green is ground.   Yellow is magneta.    Red and black is accessory. Orange is whatever is left

• Like 1

953 nut

Have you read the manual that Garry provided for you? That manual has a troubleshooting guide that will help you find the problem.

Have you replaced the spark plug to be sure it isn't the problem? Have you checked the oil level in the engine, if it is low there may be a relay that prevents it from running? What about the air cleaner, lots of newer engines have a sensor that will kill the engine if it is plugged? If you touched the yellow wire (accidentally or intentionally) to any wire that has 12 volts on it you may have damaged the magneto.