Big_Red_Fred

1054 Plow

Big_Red_Fred

Is it possible to take a 520 Plow & frame and connect it to my 1054 for winter ? will the rear plow holder they sell on Ebay that bolts to rear diff work or must i construct a different set up ?IMG_03491.jpg.8b5a9ca96efaf574417116d14a41e07f.jpg

gwest_ca

These are the blades supplied for the 953, 1054 and 1054A. They are different because they are 54" wide rather than the 42" also available at the time.

I do not know if the A-frames were the same.

Click on the fuzzy pictures below.

Garry

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

Thats what i wasnt hoping, im expecting a bad winter in Pa this year, Farmers almanac saying it to, maybe it will be in reverse, with warm weather LOL, so finding implements will be a chore, guess ill go buy a 520 to be on safe side 

953 nut

I think the biggest difference in the 520 snow blade and others is the frame being a bit longer because of the front swept axle on 520s. I know that Lincoln at A-Z had one of the 54" blades for sale back in June, it came off the 953 I bought from him. I wasn't interested in it because I have a few 42" blades and the 54" blade I had was pushing the tractor sideways when the blade was angled in wet heavy snow (the only kind of snow we ever get).   

gwest_ca

Take a look at this file. The long frame tractors and the 1054 share a dozer blade parts list because most of the parts are the same. The differences in the two can be seen in the parts list. One is 54" and the other 42".

Garry