CasualObserver

unknown front bracket

WHX??

Has a patina to match for sure. Those tubes welded in the corners might be a clue. Something simple as a flag holder or what not? Looks to heavy for that tho.

Some sort of front weight carrier but the single mounting bolts would not suggest tthat. Maybe something as rare as  some sort of factory prototype? :confusion-confused: Just thinkin out loud here.....

Edited by WHX12
Forgot to say nice tractor!
  • Like 3

evanloock

I have honestly never seen that bracket before, but the quality and matching patina with the tractor is very interesting.  Perhaps some allied attachment mounting bracket.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

gwest_ca

A possibility? - hitch forms a tractor bumper

Taken from this file

A search found a front mount mower made by Fairbury for the Cub tractors that was painted red. No mention of the mower type.

Garry

Allied Attachment Fairbury farm pto SS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

wh500special

Holy cow, this one stumped Jason AND Eric?  Mark this in your family bibles, boys!

I've never seen that one either.  It doesn't look like Ireland Rd. quality to me though...looks more robust.

Gary is probably on to something.  I've never seen in person the Fairbury unit, but that sure seems to make sense.  There was one on eBay many years ago in Illinois around Rantoul; not sure who bought it.  I thought long and hard about it at the time to go with the other styles.

Steve

• Like 7

WHX??

That is a cool document Garry ..thanks for sharing. :handgestures-thumbupright:

I agree with Steve that Garry is on to something, one would have to go through some manual/IPL's to see if that bracket is mentioned.  Then of course Jason the hunt would be on to find the rest of it!

Can you elaborate on what those tabs are that I have circled? Do they overlap and rest on the frame? That might mean some weight can be put on with only single mount bolts.

59a6c4a909643_unknownbracket_JPG_2d35f9d756c1a3937e8ca8cbbe7f0fc1.jpg

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Thanks for the lead @gwest_ca Garry... I think this line sums up what I see....

unknown1.JPG

Will have to put out some feelers now. Quick investigation shows that there was at least one of these units floating around central IL around 68... found an auction bill with on listed on a 1075 tractor... along with a Bachtold Level LIft!  If only I could find an auction like that today :D 

1 hour ago, WHX12 said:

Can you elaborate on what those tabs are that I have circled? Do they overlap and rest on the frame? That might mean some weight can be put on with only single mount bolts.

I'll get more pictures soon Jim... just working from what I had on the camera.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

CasualObserver

Alright, here's some more pictures. There is a single bolt thru the frame and there are tabs on both the top and bottom of the bracket to hold it horizontal and keep it from tipping on the frame. I think I'm going to throw this out on the junkies FB page and see if it draws any hits too. Thanks! 20170831_171756.jpg20170831_171751.jpg20170831_171918.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Duramax7man7

Could it possibly be for some sort of grill guard for say brush? Poles with a robust grill wold slip into the tubes and then potentially lock with pins underneath?

Question: Do most tractors have the holes to mount this bracket?

CasualObserver
On 9/1/2017 at 12:11 PM, Mastiffman said:

Question: Do most tractors have the holes to mount this bracket?

Sorry, totally missed this question.... and the answer is yes, at least on the front engine round hoods.... there was a mounting hole directly over the axle.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

I am still looking for ANY information on the Fairbury Power Twist Multi-speed PTO... or speed jack as they were sometimes called. Any of you paper collectors have anything in your binders other than the page listed above?

R. L. Addison

I put a "Level Lift"  weed mower on a C160 that I sold two or three years ago, but do not remember anything that would match up to a bracket like that one.

Edited by R. L. Addison
misspelled word

CasualObserver

I've seen the level lift in person and i own a bachtold... its not from either of those.