Sign in to follow this  
rakpak

60th 315-8

rakpak

My local dealer located me a new crated 60th Anniversary 315. Brought it home Monday.

Guest fireman

:thumbs: and :whistle:

When you get it set up, post some pictures and feel free to ask questions. This is the most knowledgeable website there is when it comes to Wheel Horse Tractors.

Operator

:thumbs: Nice tease!! Now you will get addicted.

Randy

Duff

Wow! Nice find! :horseplay:

You're gonna love a 300-series (but any Horse is better than anything else out there!).

Welcome aboard! As Randy says, now the addiction begins! :banana:

Duff :thumbs:

Mike

:thumbs: we want pictures

rakpak

I had the a 315 a few years back for a short spell, the property I lived on was really hilly, so I traded the 315 back in for a Zmaster zero turn, which I still have. I have moved now and I really missed the 315. Only thing I am going to use it for is snow removal and pulling a trailer. And this is great site, with what seems to be a great bunch of people.

pond195520032003

:thumbs: RakPak, as you already know :whistle:

T-Mo

Rakpak,

:thumbs: As it's been mentioned, :whistle: I have the 315's sibling, a '98 314-8. Great machines.

Rollerman

Welcome to RS & nice catch on the "crate" 60th 315. :thumbs:

We have one member here that actually has one still in a crate & will leave it that way as a collectable.

I couldn't do it...I'd have to use it. :whistle:

fritz

Who has the on in the crate???

:thumbs::whistle::whistle: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

You will have fun :dunno:

devin

Teddy da Bear

:thumbs: Glad you found us!

Save the crate for Devin..... :whistle:

WHC-125

:thumbs: rakpak

As already mentioned :whistle:

TJ

:thumbs:

rakpak

I posted a few pics on the yahoo wheelhorsecollector site in the photo section, looks like I need to downsize the pics to post here. But I wll.

whlpny

It was kinda hard not to uncrate the 60th when I brought it home, but as time has passed, I don't get the urge to get the crowbar out quite as often! Heres a couple pics of the day I took delivery. Mine is #60 and it was bought at S&K equiptment in Owosso Mich. Bill Koski the owner of the dealership also kept one crated for his own collection. He had # 58,59,60,61 in stock the day I bought mine. I decided that owning #60 would be an easy way to remember the id # since it coincided with 60th anniversary. I did'nt remind him of that until after I picked the one I wanted. It now rests on a heavy duty steel cart with casters so it can be moved. Its been flogged and packed with anti-ox paper to suck up the mositure. As Steve says- I plan on keeping that way!

DSCF2687.jpg

DSCF2689.jpg

Notice the last three digits read 160- the beginning tractor was #270000101 - they didn't start at 0. This info was from Ed Cole, who by the way has #270000425 in his pocession-which = #325 - the last one-lucky man!

DSCF2694.jpg

whlpny

Also forgot to add this- back last year when the Toro employee was selling the left over decals on E-bay, I contacted him to see what info he had. He was the team leader on the assembly line. He looked up my ID number and found that mine was finished on March 14th and was hauled off the line at 7:30 am. He said it was pretty much finished on the 2cnd day of full production and probably ended up right near the end of the line and was about the first one off that next morning.Kinda neat info to have with the tractor!

WHC-125

Bob,

She looks great even in the packaging :thumbs: :whistle:

NolanMVP

I also have a 60th Anniversary and wouldn't change it for the world. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. According to my serial number I have number 391, or 291 if numbering started in the 100's.

MaineDad

Wow! I would be like the dad on A Christmas Story - Ralphy get me a hammer and a crow bar. It's a major award!

whlpny

According to my serial number I have number 391, or 291 if numbering started in the 100's.

Yes it would be #291 so right near the end of the run.

rakpak

My serial is # 270000423

KyBlue

almost the last one...

Rideawaysenior

Micah,

As long as you don't think Fraglie is some fancy Italian word you'd be all set with the Christmas Story. LOL

Nice Haul. I'd love to have one of those in the crate.

rakpak

heres a pic, i think

DCP01850.jpg

DCP01852.jpg