Tom565

Wheelhorse 308-8 Axle Seals

Tom565

Hi. My neighbor gave me this tractor for free because she couldn't get it to run. I replaced the battery, fuel lines and filter. It runs great now but I noticed the rear axle is dripping. 

I looked up Uni-Drive 2988185 and couldn't get a specific part number for the seal. If I could get a part number that would be great. I would just order it online. Thanks.

20170827_160036.jpg

20170827_100748.jpg

20170827_100807.jpg

20170827_100737.jpg

• Like 2

'garGuyPaulie

Hi Tom - nice horse you got there! Check out the following web page and look on the diagram labeled Mechanical (at the top there are several diagram pages to choose from, scroll over to Mechanical) - I believe the part you're looking for is the oil seal on the axle, which would be part no. 100863 - the following diagram labeled Page W shows the additional parts available for that transmission. Hope it helps!

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/toro-2108k804-1988-lawn-tractor-parts-c-121776_128672_131564.html

Also - that is the wheel horse part number for the oil seal, you could probably shop around for a better price - I just use that website because they seem to have pretty good diagrams for finding parts! 

Edited by 'garGuyPaulie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tom565

Thanks garGuyPaulie for the quick reply. That helps me out a lot. I'll use their part number and shop around. Thanks again!

Tom565

One other question. What type of oil is recommended for these Uni-Drives?

953 nut

:WRS:       You can't beat the price,  good going!

The attached PDF will give you all the common industry part numbers you will need. You can go to NAPA or an industrial supply house like WW Grainger and get them for a lot less than a Toro dealer. You will want to check the axle for any up/down or front/rear play which could indicate a bad bearing which could have damaged the seal and would need to be replaced.

1-6&8 speed UNI DRIVE TRANS.pdf

• Like 1

Tom565

Thanks for the help. You guys are a wealth of information on here. I look forward to being a part of this site and learning more about Wheelhorse's!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

GREYGHOST

Tom, You are one Lucky guy with a very nice neighbor. Just wondering if she has any friends that might be in a similar situation?

• Like 1

Tom565
2 hours ago, GREYGHOST said:

Tom, You are one Lucky guy with a very nice neighbor. Just wondering if she has any friends that might be in a similar situation?

I was pretty lucky to get the tractor. She told me if I didn't want it, she was putting it along the road for free. Using this tractor sure beats the push mower that I've been using the last few years!

• Thanks 1