DJL50

Straight From the Horse's Mouth The Wheel-Horse Story Final Edition

DJL50

Hello,

Not new to Wheel Horse tractors but am new to the history.

Found on line a book on the history of Wheel Horse " Straight From the Horse's Mouth The Wheel-Horse Story Final Edition "

I am interested in purchasing the book but not familiar with the web site "wheelhorsestory dot com" 

Has anyone here purchased from wheelhorsestory and had everything go as expected?

• Like 2

GlenPettit

The author and the book are fantastic, fast and excellent service, you'll enjoy and keep the book forever, like all of us do.

Glen

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, GlenPettit said:

The author and the book are fantastic, fast and excellent service, you'll enjoy and keep the book forever, like all of us do.

Glen

And he has a very cool Wheel Horse too.

IMG_0677.JPG.5705611537a3010fe709930789461e4e.JPG

• Like 4

AMC RULES

You won't be disappointed with your purchase.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

IMG_0359.JPG.bbc6c2e24e40ddd55717674c72f337ac.JPG

• Like 4

EricF

That's the author's site you have there. It's a very good read. It covers the earliest history of Wheel Horse until the company was sold to American Motors in 1974. I'm also partial to it because I grew up near South Bend -- so it's a bit of the history of the area I grew up in, too.

• Like 5

DJL50

Thanks everyone. Just the info I was looking for.

I do have another question,

Is the one available now on the web site a reprint or different final addition? Little confused because reading through the forum about how limited the final addition is and only 2100 was printed but all the forum post about the book is from 2013.

AMC RULES

The WH community, is in reality, a very small group here...

it is conceivable the Mr Martino's final edition of 2100 produced...

just hasn't sold out yet.    :dunno:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

EricF

As far as I know, the version still available on the website is the expanded "Final Edition."

• Like 1

GlenPettit
Posted July 20 (edited)

There are Three editions:

#1, 2000  -  #2, 2008, and  -  #3, 2012   (#2 & #3 also came with CD audio tapes).

The final/last one, #3 is still available from the author, and Mike is an active member

here on Red Square and does attend the big Wheel Horse show in PA in June.  

I've seen edition #1 actually sell for nearly $200 on eBay & there is one selling on 

Amazon right now for $499, (https://www.amazon.com/Straight-horses-mouth-Wheel-Horse/dp/0970666802),

a real good useful investment.  (The 3rd edition is listed for sale in the 'Venders section' 

right here on RShttps://wheelhorsestory.com/home/8-straight-from-the-horse-s-mouth-the-wheel-horse-story.html).

Edited July 20 by GlenPettit
  •  
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

CasualObserver

Read posts from the author in his vendor forum here  http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/123-wheelhorsestory/ 

The website is legit, the administrator of this forum helped him get it set up online. It's a privately published book, and you can purchase it there, from the original author. Yes, it's sort of expensive, but it is privately published. That's what you get for those small run specialty books. As for whether or not it's a reprint, he's never piped in to say whether or not he sold through the first run. Pretty small niche of guys who are buying this book... not just a general reader. Send him a PM here and ask! @Wheelhorsestory Hover over this name until the box appears, then click the Send Message at the bottom left. Can't speak as to when or if he'll respond. He doesn't post on the forum much, but visits occasionally.

• Like 2

TDF5G

It's a great book, of the highest quality I've ever seen in a book.  Comes with a short DVD also.  You will not be disappointed.

• Like 3

DJL50

Thanks to everyone.

Order has been placed. Look forward to reading it.

• Like 2

hondagod64

I BOUGHT THE BOOK SEVERAL YEARS AGO WHEN I BOUGHT MY FIRST WHEELHORSE [ 312-8 ] AND WAS AMAZED THE HISTORY BEHIND THE TRACTOR FROM START TO THE END.I NORMALLY NEVER READ A BOOK FROM COVER TO COVER , BUT THIS BOOK I HAD TO FINISH READING. OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

RedRanger

Sits on our coffee table!  I also read it cover to cover in one sitting.  Great book and very well put together.

• Like 1

ACman

Steve-on-aStick and I had a nice talk with Mike Martino at the Big Show about his book and how much I've seen some of those copies sell for  . Super nice fellow and he signed my book too :handgestures-thumbupright: . The wife was a little apprehensive about paying that much for a book but I reassured her that it was well worth it . 

IMG_2235.JPG.678660b4848446a1eef47519cb40a714.JPG

• Like 3

DJL50

Thought I would update this post for anyone in the future,

I ordered the book on Aug. 29th and received it today Sept. 7th.

The transaction seemed to go as expected.

I have not read though it yet but look forward to it.

Yes the book was expensive but not out of line for the quality of a USA printed book.

I am a woodworker and the former editor of a woodworking magazine. started his own company " The Lost Art Press" publishing high quality woodworking books. .

His newest book is ready to ship. Do a Google search for Deluxe Roubo On Furniture book and check out the price and see what you think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1