rediron

12 automatic 4 position Ignition

rediron

Hi Everyone!   I have a 12 Automatic and looking for  a new or used 4 position  Ignition Wheel Horse Model# 1 04658   Serial#  962679 Any info will help, is it possible my horse is "the Horse with no Name" ??  Thanks for any info, Love the Horses!!

JimmyJam

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:Yes, the "No Name" series came out in the early '70's and used numbers only to indicate the engine size. "Automatic" indicates the type of transmission. I may have the appropriate ignition switch for you. I will look in my barn later. 

Edited by JimmyJam
spelling
  • Like 3

KC9KAS

rediron

Thanks for the welcome JIMMY JAM & KC9KAS, Getting ready to give her a new coat of paint its been sitting a while since I bought it and my granson loves this machine, runs excellant alls it really needed was a carb rebuild and some wire improvements ,points and its running very well, I read about the horse with no name but wasnt sure if it was mine , it was repainted when I got it not bad about a 20 footer paint jobJIMMY JAM if you have one let me no , I no there are switches that look like it out there but my brother in law whos a electrician says it doesnt mean it will work for what the horse needs it to do for the electric clutch .  Thanks for your time and help!

Have a great day guys!!

rediron
On 8/27/2017 at 7:59 AM, JimmyJam said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:Yes, the "No Name" series came out in the early '70's and used numbers only to indicate the engine size. "Automatic" indicates the type of transmission. I may have the appropriate ignition switch for you. I will look in my barn later. 

Hi Jimmy Jam did you ever locate a 4 position switch for my 12 automatic by chance? Im having a hard time finding one. Thanks for your help

gwest_ca

Look like this one? Click on the picture.

Garry

• Like 1

rediron

Garry--qwest,  Just looked at mine its exactly the same ! is this available from stens?? Thanks for your help!  This sight Rocks!!

• Like 1

JimmyJam
On 9/6/2017 at 8:12 AM, rediron said:

Hi Jimmy Jam did you ever locate a 4 position switch for my 12 automatic by chance? Im having a hard time finding one. Thanks for your help

I have the switch, that is still attached to the dash. I have been so busy at work that I haven't had the time to disassemble and mark cables if in the event I want to purchase a new ignition. Sorry! I have in the past purchased through Stens a new ignition switch, as Garry has provided the link, for my 1968 Electro 12. Works great! Let me know if you want me to remove my "used" switch or you gonna buy a new one. 

JimmyJam

Ooops my new switch for Electro 12 was a 5-position (accessory pin) on Ebay.  $_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F "theropshop" for $11.99 

Edited by JimmyJam

gwest_ca

It appears Stens does not have a replacement for the 101917 or 92-6785. These switches all look alike. It is the letters identifying each terminal that must match.

Garry

rediron

Thanks for the help, Jimmy thanks but if I can get it new Thats what I will try,Apreciate your help! 

Garry I will have my brother in law check mine out to compare to the new one,  Ill get it from Parts Tree Forgot all about them , I bought from them 4 yrs ago for clutch parts for a old cub I had Thanks for the help and the ign. info.   Kyle