TonyToro

Pedal extensions for my son

TonyToro

I searched the forum for pedal extensions. I found a few but mainly were 4-5" worth of extension. My son needs 11 inches to reach the pedal. I mocked up a pedal extension and it worked for reach but now the throw is magnified. Any engineers on here with more technical knowledge than me. Any help would be appreciated. His first pull is in 2 weekends. Crunch time. 

Here is what I came up with. If it worked I was going to make it out of steel so it didn't look so homemade...lol

image.jpeg

Edited by TonyToro
  • Like 4

WHX??

What ever works so that yer boy can enjoy tractors is cool with us!:)

• Like 1

JPWH

I would think your extension needs to be at the same elevation of the pedal. You have it what looks to be about 3" above the pedal. I would drop that end to the pedal.

• Like 2

TonyToro
48 minutes ago, WHX12 said:

What ever works so that yer boy can enjoy tractors is cool with us!:)

Thanks Jim... I would be here if tractors wasn't his passion. I don't know where it came from but I like it!! Lol

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Cool idea!

Maybe hinge the top with the extension and put on a skid down to the foot rest so it "rides" along the foot rest plate. Simple, no springs, and will pivot with the pedal as it progressively gets pressed / released.

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

TonyToro
40 minutes ago, JPWH said:

I would think your extension needs to be at the same elevation of the pedal. You have it what looks to be about 3" above the pedal. I would drop that end to the pedal.

Oh... That does make sense. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

I had a thought earlier to make the extension portion to go almost to the fender and then the pedal part (where he would press) angle up and towards the front of the tractor.

• Like 1

TonyToro
12 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Cool idea!

Maybe hinge the top with the extension and put on a skid down to the foot rest so it "rides" along the foot rest plate. Simple, no springs, and will pivot with the pedal as it progressively gets pressed / released.

:twocents-02cents:

Took me a few minutes to visualize this but it's another possibility. 

C-101plowerpower

i have seen people put in another peg closer to the rear and puting the pedals on there with a rod connecting the two pedals

• Like 1

TonyToro

We have a winner. This worked! Thank you everyone for the suggestions. Tomorrow I'll make it with steel.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Sarge

Best ones I've seen for kids is a second pedal , with a pivot point on that pedal much higher for their stature and a rod to connect to the existing pedal . This allows an adult to still run it and everything to work correctly in the trans linkage .

You could put the pivot point on that machine on the trans tunnel , just pick a spot away from the linkage inside . A fixed bolt along with the correct bushing on a spare WH clutch pedal should work fine .

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1