Red144runner

3/12 clean and polish

953 nut

:text-bravo:        you even waxed the engine!        :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Red144runner
8 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-bravo:        you even waxed the engine!        :handgestures-thumbupright:

Actually i used somthing else on the black parts. Long time ago got a tip on what to use to restore sun faded chainsaw plastics (engine top covers recoils). Simple and safe on all surfaces I've used it on. 50/50 mix boiled linseed oil and paint thinner. 10x better than any trim restore product I've ever used. And used on plasic, painted steel and aluminum.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

I keep trying to tell these guys about the Johnson's paste wax tip...

some beautiful results you achieved there today.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Red144runner
57 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

I keep trying to tell these guys about the Johnson's paste wax tip...

some beautiful results you achieved there today.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

I'm tempted to try it on my truck. Very happy with results

• Like 1

953 nut
16 hours ago, Red144runner said:

Actually i used somthing else on the black parts. Long time ago got a tip on what to use to restore sun faded chainsaw plastics (engine top covers recoils). Simple and safe on all surfaces I've used it on. 50/50 mix boiled linseed oil and paint thinner. 10x better than any trim restore product I've ever used. And used on plasic, painted steel and aluminum.

Thanks for the tip, I have used the same mix to protect aged wood without making it look "finished".

Sarge

I've used the Johnson paste wax now for about 45yrs , usually buy the "Kit" version that includes the cover and application sponge . It doesn't seem to do as well on base/clear paints but nothing equals the stuff on good 'ol enamels . The way it polishes the top layer of haze off the paint and the fact it lasts a good 6mo/+ has worked for me well . My grandfather grew up on Simonize paste , but that stuff was a pain in the butt in comparison to the Johnson's and honestly I don't think the results were any better or different .

For the '14 Dodge pickup and it's base/clear deep cherry red crystal pearl ( ~ "don't ever scratch this color , per my body guy") it gets Wizard's products and they are stellar .

For black stuff or plastics - especially to protect plastic from sun aging and vinyl products - try Aerospace 303 - nothing works better nor lasts as long and dust doesn't collect on it . Also awesome on rubber seal stripping . Leaves a nice color , no runs/excess and keeps vinyl like new . JC Whitney now carries their line in stock , btw...

Sarge

• Thanks 1

TDF5G

Your :wh: looks mighty fine!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1

Red144runner
On 8/28/2017 at 10:12 AM, Sarge said:

I've used the Johnson paste wax now for about 45yrs , usually buy the "Kit" version that includes the cover and application sponge . It doesn't seem to do as well on base/clear paints but nothing equals the stuff on good 'ol enamels . The way it polishes the top layer of haze off the paint and the fact it lasts a good 6mo/+ has worked for me well . My grandfather grew up on Simonize paste , but that stuff was a pain in the butt in comparison to the Johnson's and honestly I don't think the results were any better or different .

For the '14 Dodge pickup and it's base/clear deep cherry red crystal pearl ( ~ "don't ever scratch this color , per my body guy") it gets Wizard's products and they are stellar .

For black stuff or plastics - especially to protect plastic from sun aging and vinyl products - try Aerospace 303 - nothing works better nor lasts as long and dust doesn't collect on it . Also awesome on rubber seal stripping . Leaves a nice color , no runs/excess and keeps vinyl like new . JC Whitney now carries their line in stock , btw...

Sarge

Wizard products. I'll look into that

dlaw90

I'm thinking about waxing my 314 for the first time this weekend. Did you wax right over the decals, or will they stain/discolor?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  See post #236 here...

Red144runner
On 9/1/2017 at 11:37 AM, dlawrence529 said:

I'm thinking about waxing my 314 for the first time this weekend. Did you wax right over the decals, or will they stain/discolor?

I went over them. No problem