scubaduderon

I need advice on oil for the trans, I blew it....

scubaduderon

Wouldn't you know it? I just eyeballed the mobile one 10-30 as I was about to pour it into my empty Eaton 1100 hydrostatic transmission and saw "High Milage".... I accidently purchased the high milage version of

Mobile One. Do you guys think this will harm the hydrostat, or should I just use it? I looked into the difference and folks seem to think that it has a higher detergent content and also has "seal conditioners". 

Should I just forget about it for the night and go in the morning for some regular Mobile One?

Thanks,

Ron 

I did pour a small bit into the oil filter. If you think this is a problem I'll take it off and pour it out...

Thanks again, 

Ron

scubaduderon

OK then, high milage it is! Thank you!

Ron

• Like 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat: 

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

I've been running the same oil in my Wife's 523D Eaton hydro for two years. Happy with it thus far!!!  I say, "Go for it".

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Excellent 1

scubaduderon

OK, put the High Milage oil in. Seems like it's a lot smoother than before. This tractor is new to me, and I'm not sure

how many hours were on the old oil, but I'd say that Mobile One works pretty good!

Thanks again,

Ron

• Like 2

squonk

I use the " High Mileage " Mobil 1 INSTEAD of the regular in all my hydros. :banana-wrench:

• Like 2

lynnmor

Most of the high mileage motor oils have more ZDDP than their regular oils. That is a good thing because it is an anti-wear additive that the government wants out because it has a negative effect on catalytic converters.  ZDDP has been used in motor oils for well over a half century.  Using the "high mileage" designation lets the manufacturers get around the government edict........ for now.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:  With the transition of most cars from a flat tappet valvetrain to a roller valvetrain, high levels of ZDDP aren't as necessary in modern engines. However, I think they have found that it is more damaging than they originally envisioned by taking it out--especially on older motors.  I try to always run a ZDDP fortified oil in my older engines or at least an additive containing it.  I think that it is advantageous to the hydros too, as stated above...

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

scubaduderon

Thanks you all for your input. I wen't with the High Milage Oil and see no problem. Some time ago I added a ZDDP to the engine oil too.

Thanks again,

Ron