cleat

Mower deck storage rack / pallet.

AMC RULES

Looks like a pallet of NOS :wh: decks, ready to be shipped. 

:greetings-clapyellow:  Nice work Cleat.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

tunahead72
1 hour ago, cleat said:

... Decks are lowered into place ...

Very nice Cleat!  How does this particular step happen?  Same tractor with the pallet forks, or some other method?

cleat

I use the same tractor with the bucket instead of the forks using a hook on the bucket and a nylon sling (forks with a sling may work, I would just be afraid of the sling slipping off).

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Another genius idea from a Red Square member.Plus.......your decks look brand new.

• Like 2

Sarge

May want to add some steel triangles bolted at the bottom of those upright 2x's - moving the rack around might crack that wood around the lag bolts . Nice idea , storing those decks takes up a lot of space and putting them against the wall with wedges under the gauge wheels is an invitation to wrecked shins....plenty of scars on mine from those things taking off if bumped . Moving that 60" into that rack without a loader would be a trip to the ER...and a hernia to boot .

Sarge

cleat

Uprights have been glued and fit tightly into slots cut into the 4x4's.

2x4's would need to break off.

Not to really worry though I believe as my 11 year old daughter can easily hold even the 60" deck in this upright position. They really seem to almost balance when raised vertical like that.

Also, I drive very slowly with the tractor when moving objects like this.

Main problem is raising them out of the fairly tight space, I should have made the pallet deeper and increased the spacing between decks.

If I had no loader then I would need to use a chain fall.

image.png.876c04f810f038fd2c473ce6edee0448.png

thehorse

Seems like a lot of work when the obvious solution is right in front of you...... Let me store them at my place!

• Haha 1

cleat

So long as you promise not to use them.

ClassicTractorProfessor

Great idea for deck storage and an even better job building it...looks great :greetings-clappingyellow:. Thanks for sharing 

Sarge

I hadn't noticed the notching  , great move as it increases the strength by 50% at least . I'm never out to pick apart what others build , just prevent breakage - I really love the design and simplicity of it . Might have to do that with steel here , would solve getting the shins scarred and a lot of anger down the road . There is a magic balance point , but exceed it by just a little and away they go...

I need to find either some triangle material in steel , or form up some chocks with teeth to bite and not slip for holding the decks up against the shed wall . For now , they live with a heavy cord and hook to hold them upright in place so they can't take off - I use a pulley bolted to the top of the wall for some gear reduction to help with lifting the weight .

Sarge

• Like 1