19richie66

All you Texans stay safe!

oliver2-44

Thank You.  We're about 230 miles Nort of there. We expect rain but not the high total forecast for the coast.

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-+1: Batten down the hatches.  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:  :pray:

Related image

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Big_Red_Fred

@Texas Todd Hope all is well Todd, Ole Big Red Fred is thinking of all my Friends caught up in the Storm, Give you all my inner strength & God Bless

19richie66

Heartbreaking seeing all the destruction and loss. My heart goes out to all who have been affected. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

oliver2-44

Thanks Fred. It's been an interesting storm.,  This sounds hard to believe, but most area of Texas didn't,t receive much rain at all    But the poor souls within a 100 miles of the coast got dumped on. While we didn't have much rain at our dams/lakes on the middle of the  (Texas)  Colorado River, the lower part of the river had record flooding. My hometown of LaGrange got  around 24 inches in 3 days. The river there peaked at 52 ft , 125,000 CFS.   Our farm there is over a mile from the river but the river backed up the creek that runs through it to cover half the farm. My tower deer stand along the creek probable had 5 ft of water over the roof. Thankfully all my family stayed dry and no significant losses   My sister in Houston had water within inches of coming in her house, but thankfully she to loo stayed dry' but  trapped in her neighborhood 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Big_Red_Fred

@oliver2-44 I spent 4 years in Harker Heights Texas, my younger days, fresh out of Ft Hood & drove truck there for 2 years, made many friends, it hurts me inside to see the destruction, I know it will get better, but brands our hearts for life from the loss, i'm 57 now & for a ole redneck it hurts me inside

Texas Todd

They really got a gut punch down there. I told a friend of mine, who is just out of Beaumont that I sure wish we could get some rain in North Texas. He was un-amused and sent me this pic of the highway leading from Beaumont to his town....

imagejpeg_0.jpg.aaedc53c3b7beb23bc7dd326cf477c88.jpg

I didn't tell him that I watered my lawn last night. God bless em!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1