01STrunner

Kohler M14S Fuel Pump

01STrunner

Anyone know where I could get a genuine Kohler fuel pump for an M14S? I'm trying to find a replacement for my 47 393 320 F4 pump that seems to have just given out and all that I see is new aftermarket ones. I may end up with one of those, but considering this one lasted 25years, I wouldn't mind paying extra for the real deal.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

JC 1965

I would replace it with an electric fuel pump. That is what i did on three tractors and they work great. Look on Ebay for a low pressure electric fuel pump 1 to 3 psi. Don't go over 3psi. I see this is your first post so        :WRS:

953 nut

:WRS:        Ebay seller 

equipatron   has them for about $ 30.
  • Like 1

01STrunner

Thanks for the replies and the welcome! I looked into the electric pumps, but I think I'm going to go back with a mechanical one just for simplicity. I just found out from a buddy at work about an old supply parts place in town that has all kinds of random parts for tractors and small engines. After the holiday weekend I'll stop in and see if they have one. If not I'll check out equipatron online. 

Thanks again!

01STrunner
On 8/25/2017 at 7:41 AM, JC 1965 said:

I would replace it with an electric fuel pump. That is what i did on three tractors and they work great. Look on Ebay for a low pressure electric fuel pump 1 to 3 psi. Don't go over 3psi. I see this is your first post so        :WRS:

JC, do you happen to know what brands you've used? Everything I'm finding is 1-4psi and 2-5psi.

Thanks,

• Like 1

roadapples

@JC 1965

14 minutes ago, 01STrunner said:

JC, do you happen to know what brands you've used? Everything I'm finding is 1-4psi and 2-5psi.

Thanks,

Sarge

Try hunting around for a decent price on a US made Facet - avoid the foreign made ones if possible . I always use a return line setup off a CJ Jeep fuel filter to prolong the life of the pump and keep them from overrunning the carb's float valve - it really helps to keep the pump cooled as well .

Sarge

01STrunner
7 hours ago, Sarge said:

Try hunting around for a decent price on a US made Facet - avoid the foreign made ones if possible . I always use a return line setup off a CJ Jeep fuel filter to prolong the life of the pump and keep them from overrunning the carb's float valve - it really helps to keep the pump cooled as well .

Sarge

Sarge,

Thanks for the tip on the return line. Facet is the brand that I landed on as well, especially since they are made in the US. Hard to find anything that is it seems. Looks like I'll be ordering one of those.

JC 1965
On 9/29/2017 at 1:15 PM, roadapples said:

The fuel pumps I have are Facet brand ( 1 to 3 P.S.I. )  Sorry but I don't have the model number.

• Thanks 1

01STrunner

At the end of September, after not working on it for about a week, I finally went back to it. I cleaned the carb and made sure I was getting fuel through the pump by manually pumping it. Mounted it on the tractor and the pump doesn't pull as much as when I manually pump it. Almost seems like the cam it follows needs to be bigger to push the lever through it full motion. For the heck of it I connected everything and tried to fire it up. It fired up almost immediately and I had it idling the whole time I was picking things up. Not going to lie, I was pretty excited to have my tractor back at this point.

Went to move the tractor and it seemed to move really slow, almost as if I was in Low range. I put it in low range and it went even slower. About 5 min of driving and it started sputtering and died again... Turns out no fuel coming from the pump again argh...

After putting it off for the rest of the season, I finally ordered a Facet (1.5-2.5psi; 17gph) pump and fittings to use my existing fuel lines. I'm hoping that I can get it installed during the winter. Do any of you know what source I should tap into for power to the pump? My fuse block has a few open slots in it, so I will be adding a fuse to the circuit to protect the pump. Should I pull power from a source that is hot with key on?

Thanks for the help,

Patrick

953 nut
58 minutes ago, 01STrunner said:

Should I pull power from a source that is hot with key on?

Yes, The lighting circuit operates with the key and would be a good source.

• Like 1

01STrunner

Thanks, good idea.