hbrooks49

K241 throttle linkage question - Better picture !!!

hbrooks49

Sorry for the lousy picture - finally got the right angle. BETTER.JPG.7b7c45bb457b5b6ec12f4ba078393a53.JPG

I have a C-105 and was mowing the lawn yesterday. It began to lose a bit of power and seemed to almost skip once in awhile. When I pulled it into the garage it stalled out at about 1/2 throttle. I checked and the gas looked low but not out..

I checked the throttle linkage and noticed that the screw shown in the picture below is loose - it attaches to nothing. The throttle cable (fed from the left hand side - seated) is shown above the screw and attaches to the plate with a "z" bend. In all honesty I can't figure out what the screw would be for since it is way above the pivot point... unless it used to be part of a clamp for a cable without the "z" bend.

If the screw is doing nothing I will work on looking at the old fuel lines (need to get new hose before I start messing with it - it is the original hose - enough said...

Thoughts would be appreciated - getting too old to use the regular mower again.

Thanks

Edited by hbrooks49
New picture

hbrooks49

opefully with the new picture I can get an answer - if not will start by replacing the fuel line tomorrow.

pacer

I have had engines where that screw - or similar - was used to hold/clamp the throttle wire instead of the Z bend, if nothing is connected to it then possibly? the throttle cable was replaced at some point and the new one used the Z bend???

hbrooks49

Thanks, that was my thought so I will proceed on the premise that when the fuel got low it probably swallowed some of the stuff in the bottom of the tank. The more I think about it that makes sense - I had a Model "A" Ford that would fill it's sediment bowl if the tank got too low.