Team70R

Gt14 package deal to good to true??

Team70R

I became a member of the group before it became secret apparently 

ztnoo

Well, GT 14s came with a Kohler K321 14 hp engine, so the ad saying its an 11 hp Kohler should be a tip off the seller probably doesn't have a clue.

I don't know of an 11 hp Kohler engine.....

In your pics, I noticed a rear mounted generator.

There was a GT 14 for sale about a year ago in the Indy area with a deck, a tiller, and the generator for $1,500.

I communicated with the seller, but the ad got take down, so I always assume it sold.

This looks to be the same generator......and by inference, the same tractor.

• Like 1

Team70R

Yeah I'm assuming the seller doesn't know what he has.. hmm I'd be willing to bet it's the same tractor! Still no reply on the add

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• tractorboy79
      By tractorboy79
      I have a old gt14 and the plastic plates or control panels are way past their prime, and I saw someone was remarking them with a 3d printer a little while back and I was looking to se if I could find the file but no luck. If anybody has info that would be amazing. Thanks for your time and anything helps.
    • Rob R
      By Rob R
      I am currently doing a ring, piston, hone rebuild on a K 321 off a Ford LGT 145 Tractor  on this machine they actually welded the rails to the bottom pan (see pics). My intention here is to put this puppy in a red machine (312-8 or GT14). I definitely have the small pan with the expanded bottom for the long dipper.
      Here's my questions:
      > Can I carefully remove the rails from the pan, cutoff the old front axle mounting bracket(s) and then drill holes in  the flanges to mount  to the Wheel Horse rails.
      > Since the engine is side mounted will the expanded bottom fit between the standard Wheel Horse rails?
      > If not possible to make this old pan work what flat pan would work and do I need to get the expanded bottom one (big dipper}
      > any recommendations here would be appreciated don't want to go down to many blind holes here...….

Thanks much!

• 12 hp Kohler
      By 12 hp Kohler
      Saw a gt14 for a really good price on Craigslist yesterday went and looked at it last evening, ended up buying it . It’s a 68 or 69 gt14 but I’m not exactly sure which. It’s in decent condition and seems to be complete. It has a really nice complete three point hitch and a really nice three point tiller. I didn’t think the seat and muffler were original but I looked at a manual and it turns out they are. I’m gonna try to get it running for the big show but if I don’t I will still take it. The best part is I bought it from a super nice guy that knows a lot about wheel horses. Some of you might know him, his name is Less, sorry didn’t catch his last name. He has been going to the wheel horse show since the beginning and personally knew Cecil and Betty Pond. He used to have 74 tractors but he narrowed it down to his favorite three. Overall it was a really good day. I got to meet a really nice guy, get another tractor and hear some good stories. Here are a few pictures of the gt14 and tiller. I am gonna start working on it this Sunday. 
      Tractor or serial number 

Tiller serial number 

• swisstrac
      By swisstrac
      looking for info/help re securing a front wheel bearing/race for  GT14/ 1971;  any info would be much appreciated.. 
    • Rob R
      By Rob R
      Sooo about three months ago I had a friend of a friend pass to me the most needy Wheel Horse GT14 Tractor I had ever seen, it was completely taken apart every single part had rust and two coats on oil paint one blue and one yellow. parts were missing and of course there was no labeling of parts or assembly there-of. All wiring, gauges, rectifiers were removed and non existent….. still the machine was calling to me to try and do the almost impossible...… My thanks to Aldon for parts and support and Kyle for Technical help and shoulder to cry on. ….  The only saving grace of the entire project is that the engine and tranny were indeed still good...… in fact the only remaining issue I have on the machine is that I cannot free-up the relief valve so that I can move the machine w/o power..... I think this might be stuck forever … but not the end of the world.