Sign in to follow this  
BMW1

1973 18 automatic service manual

BMW1

I have the owners manual but am wondering if there is a service manual for the 1973 18 automatic. Model: 1-0610

I have the 1978-79 BCD Service manual from the manuals section of the forum but wondering if there is something similar for the 1973 18 automatic. Model: 1-0610

Thanks

gwest_ca

Wheel Horse published very few service manuals for their tractors. The B,C and D manual is the best we can do for that vintage.

They did publish transmission manuals for the hydro and gear transmissions, a manual for the hydraulic lifts plus a few electrical manuals.

They relied on the engine suppliers for those manuals.

Garry

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

BMW1

Thank You Garry

"Manic-Mechanic"

I found the cover so far!

18 Auto.jpg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Did not know there was a 1973 18hp service manual. Any chance we can get a scan of it for the library?

Garry

• Like 1

Sarge

I've been hunting one of those service procedure manuals for quite awhile - found an old auction listing while doing a search for the exact same book . They just don't seem to come up often and we really need a digital scan of one here....lot of D's coming out of the woods lately .

Sarge

• Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

This one is currently on e-bay, several on there actually.......item 122630359604. I have an Owner's manual that I could probably scan?

• Like 1

Sarge

I see , another "digital copy" . I've got a couple of those , better not need any detail from the photos inside as they are generally impossible to see with any clarity . There are a bunch of sellers that have gotten the files off Toro in pdf format from their scans , which aren't that great to start with - then , by the time they reprint it again all the sharpness is gone from the pictures .

I'd prefer an original , dealer copy print from back in the day - those are fully legible if in good condition .

Sarge

• Like 1

BMW1

I looked at that listing and am confused.

The description says "You are purchasing a digital printout of a Wheel Horse Tractor Parts Manual"

but the picture shows a service procedures manual?

• Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

I will look further into the manual, one place claimed theirs are true reproductions and the pages are clear and crisp. I also seen an original that looked a bit tattered.

• Like 1

Sarge

Yes , I've had a problem with sellers using deceptive descriptions - those types of manuals do exist for a few models and finding them is rare . I would not trust that is what the seller is going to send out , either - you need to ask specific questions and see if they also stand behind their printing work - I've gotten refunds on manuals that were missing pages / out of order/printed incorrectly/no clarity in print or pictures - all that stuff is important for service work , especially on a more complicated tractor like a D series . I have a Sundstrand service manual that is nearly worthless since all the detailed photographs are fuzzy , which is really irritating .

Sarge

pfrederi
On 8/24/2017 at 8:26 AM, Oldman said:

I will look further into the manual, one place claimed theirs are true reproductions and the pages are clear and crisp. I also seen an original that looked a bit tattered.

The "tattered" original will have sharper pictures than most any "reproduction" I have come across.

Sarge

I absolutely agree - the manual for my 1277 is an original and totally looks the part - but the details are still there , far better than the digital copy I have on the computer . The method used by Toro and others to digitize these manuals was pretty low quality , obviously as the copies are nearly worthless in most cases .

If you do find someone that is doing very high resolution scan and laser printing of this service manual - please let me know as I'd like to have one here for my D . I really prefer a paper copy versus having to haul the laptop outside in the weather and use greasy hands to run it , lol .

Sarge

"Manic-Mechanic"

I sent inquiry to the seller to see an example of the pictures and why further down the page it reads "parts manual"? Nothing back as yet.I agree those fuzzy pages are kinda useless. Soon as I get a reply I will be mentioning it.

• Like 1