jakedog

1987 WH 108-5 ___33-08B503

jakedog

I inherited a 1987 WH 108-5 rear engine 8HP Riding Mower. I cleaned it up and got it running but there is a fuel leak from a little screen under the choke. I don't have a parts catalogue to identify this part, but it leaks quite a bit. Any ideas? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I sent off for the parts catalogue and the owners manual but they won't be here for 10 business days it says. HELP please...DSCF1510.JPG.2ba09e7fd09f0d1d720657afd661de46.JPG

DSCF1511.JPG

• Like 1

Howie

If it is leaking out there the needle and seat in the carb is not shutting off the flow of fuel. Get a rebuild kit and go thru the carb.

• Like 2

cafoose

Here is the parts manual:

This is the closest I found on the owner's manual should be basically the same:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@jakedog :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Like 1

woodchuckfarmer

I got a 108-5 1986 at the big show. It was a freebie. Had a stuck valve and water in the carb. It runs like a top now,  just needs  the seat platform and the chute for the deck. Cool little rider,   Gave it to my granddaughter, she loves it.     Wayne

• Like 1

Jrs

Any one knows part number for the solenoid for the same tractor thanks

gwest_ca

Looks like there are 2 solenoids.

One on the tractor chassis Item #23

https://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mowers-rear-engine-riding-lawn-mower/33-08b503-108-5-toro-108-5-rear-engine-riding-mower-1987/electrical-system/

One on the starter item #14 (They call it a switch but normally called a solenoid)

https://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mowers-rear-engine-riding-lawn-mower/33-08b503-108-5-toro-108-5-rear-engine-riding-mower-1987/electric-starter/

Toro does not have it but the part number is likely a Kawasaki part number.

A Goggle search for kawasaki 27010-2122 brings up a few sources.

Garry

Opps - I may be wrong. Do you have a B&S or Kawasaki motor? Tractor and engine numbers would help.

4 of the 108-5 model numbers are here

https://www.partstree.com/parts/search/models/?searchTerm=108-5

kitkit

There ia a person close to me who needs help , she is looking for a fron tire for a 108-4 , i believe she has a wanted and for sale add on here .  she has a tire /wheel but the bushing size is wrong does anyone know the front axle diameter on this machine . I might have one that would fit but it is a drive and I would prefer to  do it in one trip in the covit situation we are in . THank you