Matt_nett

Where to start

Matt_nett

Hi everyone just bought myself an a-81, never had one before and want it to be my project. Want to like new. Seen one on YouTube with led lights on and a nice exhaust induction kit. The exhaust on it is knackered so defiantly needs a new one. It runs great and cuts well. Also is it an easy task to take the mower deck off bottom ? Also how can I tell what year it is?  Many thanks Matt20170819_211602.png.062d23e85cfd03a95231e4e9135d1658.png

• Like 9

gwest_ca

Should be an ID plate on it with the long model number and serial number. This list includes all of them plus a few other 81 numbers.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/search/models/?searchTerm=toro+a-81

If you can not find it post all the numbers off the engine plate and will try to identify that way.

Garry

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Matt_nett

Cheers Gary it is plated with some numbers will have a look in the morning  🖒

Chris G

I just picked up a111 here recently. So the answer as far as I can say for the deck is mine was simple. Just the main connection in front right behind steering and the bolt or snap ring on the rear deck guide and comes right off. The belt is a bit more of a chore. Have to remove bracket on the bottom of the clutch to take belt all the way off. But that's the hardest part of the deck removal.

• Thanks 1

Matt_nett
14 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Should be an ID plate on it with the long model number and serial number. This list includes all of them plus a few other 81 numbers.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/search/models/?searchTerm=toro+a-81

If you can not find it post all the numbers off the engine plate and will try to identify that way.

Garry

Can't see one the same as mine the 1979 one is similar but not the same. Any ideas? Cheers Matt

20170820_112853.jpg

gwest_ca

Not uncommon to see the exported models using a 91 as a parts list identifier where the US models use a 01.

Garry

• Excellent 1

Matt_nett

That's brilliant thanks very much Garry

Tractor boy

I would suggest change all the lubes, new filters, a good washing and maybe a new seat? And :WRS:

• Thanks 1