Sign in to follow this  
pfrederi

Another C-175 joins the herd

pfrederi

Picked this up this morning...my 3rd C175.  01-17K803  1982.  Should have had a KT17 Spec #24200  (series1)  The motor on there is a Series 2 Spec 24336.  The gray paint suggested this was a service engine, but that Spec number is assigned to WH per the Kohler web site.  I looked through the all years WH listing and there is no 24336.

I am wondering if there were so many KT17 failures that WH bought a batch of Series 2 for dealers to use as replacements????IMG_0142.JPG.8abc2333df2f805f279f8b9b6270276b.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

series2.JPG

• Like 6

pacer

Interesting - I had a C 175 with - apparently - that exact same setup, with a gray series ll engine. The number tag on the tin was still stuck there but was unreadable (I think I may have washed it off washing it with purple power as soon as I got it home:o) Had that same funny looking coil - which was non functioning, the reason I got it, owner didnt know that, just that "it wont run" A $5 Harley coil from the flea market fixed that right up! I also thought it was a replacement engine cause as you say Koher replacements are/were gray.

• Like 1

pfrederi

Looked the spec number up in the parts manual.  That is the only Series 2 spec that has #97 for  a crankcase variant...and 97 is the only one that uses a roller thrust bearing...Sounds like something Wheel Horse would have ordered. 

• Like 2

ACman

Great score on that C-175 and with that series 2 Kohler makes even better :handgestures-thumbupright: .

:scratchead:...Does this eclipse thing have anything with these black hoods coming out of the shadows :lol: ! Sure has been quite a few lately. 

• Like 1