Knightws6

I need a carb

Knightws6

first horse guys... Got a black hood C165 8 speed with the 16hp Kohler. where can I find a oem carb I believe its the carter 30.  if any

knock off carbs get the green light from you guys I'll gladly take a look at them.

• Like 1

Digger 66

Welcome to Red Square !

rmaynard

:WRS: I use import carbs that I purchase off eBay, but I am very careful to only use those which have the correct choke lever and use SAE hardware. A good eBay seller is "cfamily10".

For OEM carbs, I would suggest any of the reputable online sellers such as Jack's Small Engine or OPE Engines.

• Like 3

JC 1965

:text-yeahthat:        :WRS:

Knightws6

Thanks guys for the open arms. I bought this tractor on a whim, and now its being a pain in my butt... lol perhaps Im not doing this right, but I;m having a hard time locating a carb. The info I have is kohler 16hp  cast iron line  spec. no 71311.... model K??1AS   serial #13137375

20952297_1573014492729297_1380408000_o.jpg

pacer

Welcome aboard! and dont give up on the old girl they are toooo much fun to have around....

As to the carb, just go to the 'bay' and put in search "kohler k341 carburetor" and just stand back and watch several hundred pop up. But as bob maynard said on many of these carbs the choke cable hook-up is different from our horses. I have had good luck in 'adapting' one to a horse hook up but that may not be for everyone (you have to remove the butterfly/shaft) Most of them show a side view of the carb and using yours compare it to the pic.

rmaynard

Go to eBay and search for item 351766615184

• Like 4

KC9KAS

Knightws6

so they sent me this message. anybody know which version of the carb I will need to order.

Item number 351766615184 is the carb and ad shows the long skinny choke lever but we also have it with the small triangular shape for same price. Just let me know which one you want if you order! Thank you

20993215_1574554405908639_177339160_o.jpg

20993459_1574554415908638_1690244892_o.jpg

pacer

Youre pointing to the throttle... The choke is the other cable on the side.

My K341 16hp takes this type choke hookup here ---- see if yours doesnt look like it.

Its item #192062192858, Its from China for $21. They show it for a K341 but say its a #26?:scratchead:

s-l1600.jpg.9b056e86e9376b65c2129bc99f442572.jpg

953 nut
4 hours ago, Knightws6 said:

long skinny choke lever but we also have it with the small triangular shape for same price.

:WRS:      In your case it wold be the triangular one because the choke cable is coming up. If it were coming down (like on na GT-14) it would be the long skinny one.

gapper

Hi all, I know this is an older post but i need help with my carb. I have a K341 spec 71223a motor and I made a big mistake when i cleaned the carb. I ordered a rebuild kit to rebuild it because it was leaking around the bowl. I thought why not clean the entire thing while I had it apart. The "MISTAKE" I placed it in my carb cleaner/shaker tank without taking the throttle shaft out and removing the shaft seal. I had not intended to let it in the cleaner for long because it was a clean carb to start with. Well as you can guess I forgot about it all weekend and the seal around the shaft swelled to the point that the shaft has a lot of drag when you turn it. Is there someone that has or makes a new seal for the shaft? Thanks for any and all help.