squonk

I'm going to miss the old girls!

squonk

1 week to go on the old job. This is for @WHX12 & @ACman ! 90 + degrees today with the dewpoint over 70! we had a big power outage in the morning and even the transfer switch breakers tripped so even some of the emergency power didn't happen. Took a few hours to get it all back up and running. Enjoy the short videos. Be sure to wear hearing protection! :banana-wrench::banana-wrench:

TecoChiller 150 ton natural gas chiller powered by a 454 Chevy marine engine:

McQuay 350 centrifiugal  chiller.

Trane 350 ton absorption chiller with 2 Cleaver Brooks boilers feeding steam:

Music to my ears!   Trane 200 ton RTAA Roof chiller:

Old Tank: Trane RAUD 100 ton chiller:

@stevasaurus Here's a pic of the thermometer near the donut table in the boiler room! :)

59975bf202256_partycooling010.JPG.6cddfe58be192126eadebc866e8ab591.JPG

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:hand:  Yeah, right...

I"ll bet you are. :doh:

• Like 3

ACman

:bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue:Mike I don't know if I should congratulate you or feel sorry :scratchead: ... that's some impressive stuff that looks to be a cluster of a IMG_2216.GIF.0b39673cea2c2f0125834beb5aa3b35f.GIF ... though :lol: !!!  :hide:   

Edited by ACman
  • Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, squonk said:

week to go on the old job.

:text-bravo: Did you get the power plant job you were wanting?

• Like 2

squonk
51 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-bravo: Did you get the power plant job you were wanting?

No, it's a HVAC Engineer job in the Wayne-Finger Lake BOCES system.

1 hour ago, ACman said:

:bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue:Mike I don't know if I should congratulate you or feel sorry :scratchead: ... that's some impressive stuff that looks to be a cluster of a IMG_2216.GIF.0b39673cea2c2f0125834beb5aa3b35f.GIF ... though :lol: !!!  :hide:   

Yes it's a mess. Then you add in Siemens controlling TRANE equipment & TRANE controlling Daikin equipment , you have some headscratching moments! :confusion-confused:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

oliver2-44
26 minutes ago, squonk said:

Yes it's a mess. Then you add in Siemens controlling TRANE equipment & TRANE controlling Daikin equipment , you have some headscratching moments! :confusion-confused:

Yes it seems I too am constantly fighting someone in Purchasing, I mean Supply Management , no I mean Supply Chain or whatever their fancy title is this month! that doesn't understand  the headaches that comes from combining parts of every color.

I mean it's as bad as mixing green, yellow & red parts :auto-layrubber::no: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Best of luck to you Mike.

Glenn

:greetings-clappingyellow:

953 nut
10 hours ago, squonk said:

job in the Wayne-Finger Lake BOCES

They probably have some neat tools you could play with when the students aren't around.      :ychain:

rjg854

Happy to see you finally got that job :happy-jumpeveryone:

stevasaurus

Nice Mike...maybe we need a count down clock.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

WHX??

Thanks  Mike, although I am EPA certified in chillers I haven't worked on any since my submarine days. Does bring back some R-114 & lithium bromide memories!   

squonk
14 minutes ago, WHX12 said:

Thanks  Mike, although I am EPA certified in chillers I haven't worked on any since my submarine days. Does bring back some R-114 & lithium bromide memories!   

If they allowed you to open a window on a sub, you wouldn't have needed a chiller!:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Burnerman

@squonk I got a chance to watch the vids. Lol. That equipment is so new! Lol. I’ll have to take some short vids. Lol. 
I’ve got 2 belt drive blowers on 2 air handlers that I can see light thru the blower wheel vanes.  They’d rather spend the money elsewhere. 
I just do my best to keep the **** going. 

Edited by Burnerman
  • Haha 1

squonk
14 hours ago, Burnerman said:

@squonk I got a chance to watch the vids. Lol. That equipment is so new! Lol. I’ll have to take some short vids. Lol. 
I’ve got 2 belt drive blowers on 2 air handlers that I can see light thru the blower wheel vanes.  They’d rather spend the money elsewhere. 
I just do my best to keep the **** going. 

The only new thing in the video is the McQuay chiller. 6 yrs. old now. The big Trane RTAA is from 89. I started working there 19 years ago and the Absorber and Trane 100 ton were worn out then and still going. Absorbers are going obsolete and parts are scarce. The electrics on the 100 ton look like the dad from A Christmas Story wired it.  Wish I took a pic of the control box. I'm told a Trane guy was there 2 weeks ago working on it again. :)

• Haha 1

Burnerman

I’ll have to get some pics of the rigged up old junk we have. Lol