Rick 55 BB

lift cable

Rick 55 BB

I'm trying to find out what length lift cable I need for my 1974 raider 8 , to lift my tiller ! tractor didn't have one on it when I got it . Is there a graph that shows what tractors took what length cables . And are the rockshafts interchangeable from different tractors . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks

KC9KAS

@Rick 55 BB :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Check with member @wheelhorseman as he makes new cables. 

He is in our vendors section.

Edited by KC9KAS
additional comment
  • Like 4

Tractor boy

:WRS: and :wwp:!

• Like 1

Rick 55 BB

Thank you for the response to my question about my lift cable . And from what I read on the cable chart is pretty much the cables are all the same length . so if I find a used one with the rockshaft included it should fit my raider 8. as all the part numbers seam to be the same for most models and year tractors ? thanks. I've had wheel horses most of my adult life but am just now starting to play with them for more than just mow the lawn , now I have 4 .

953 nut
12 minutes ago, Rick 55 BB said:

now I have 4

They are addictive!

13 minutes ago, Rick 55 BB said:

used one with the rockshaft included it should fit my raider 8.

That sounds like a safe statement.

• Thanks 1

Rick 55 BB
14 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

They are addictive!

That sounds like a safe statement.

Thanks for the info , that's kind of what it looked like to me . Yes they are addictive , I have been trying to convince the wife that collecting and fixing these little beauty's up is her idea . lol not sure she believes it . YET !

• Haha 2

Lee1977

The rocker shafts were changed then they went to the under the rear fender gas tank. The later model rocker shaft will not work on an older model tractor because it is too short. 1977 and back is what you need.

• Thanks 1

Rick 55 BB
17 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

The rocker shafts were changed then they went to the under the rear fender gas tank. The later model rocker shaft will not work on an older model tractor because it is too short. 1977 and back is what you need.

Well now that is some good info to have . I still haven't found a used one for sale yet , But I'm glad that I now know more about what I'm looking for . Thank you Lee1977

JPWH

I have one from a 69 Raider 12. Pm me if interested.

KIMG1023.jpg.ba8ab0519dc44361f9aa35a9abf1cd64.jpg

Edited by JPWH
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977

What are we talking about rocker shafts or bellcranks? The picture above shows a bellcrank. The rocker shaft is mounted in the rear fender support. The bellcrank looks the same but the lift lever is completely different in 1978 and up models.

Edited by Lee1977

Thor27

I think 75 is the magic year when they changed from the hinged fenders?  My 76 has the same seat mounting as the later tractors but with out the rear tank, it uses the shorter style too.  

Following along to see what you come up with, I haven't seen a rock shaft on the earlier tractors. My raider has a long cable all the way up to the bellcrank, but it is a 68.

3931 was the part number for the cable.  Lowell has them on his site at the link bellow:

LOOK HERE!

Edited by Thor27
add p/n and link