Ed Kennell

Auction Day

Ed Kennell

Off to the auction......wish me luck, I really want this one.

• Like 8

Mike'sHorseBarn

Good Luck! :greetings-waveyellow:

WHX??

Good luck Ed ...we will be waiting for a full report! :greetings-wavegreen:

OHRob72

Good luck Ed. I hope you get some good deals.

squonk

I see nothing! :scratchead::confusion-confused::confusion-questionmarks:

cafoose

Schultz nothing.jpg

• Like 3

953 nut

I look at our auction house offerings and seldom even see an MTD! Even on CL you don't see many :wh: offerings within 100 miles. Good luck getting the special stallion you want ED.

Big_Red_Fred

Heck Ed, i was gonna have you watch for a new camera for me !:ROTF:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Looks like the property...  :handgestures-thumbsup:

transferred into a good set of hands there Ed. 

Horses and mules are gonna make for a nice backdrop for your future :wh: picts.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed , If he had such deep pockets you think he would have purchased a pair of shoes for the young man sitting on the ground.:ROTF:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

He had deep pockets alright Ed..... and the rest of the clan to back him up the way it looks. :lol: Better luck next time and thanks for sharing!

2nd thought Ed that sounds like an awful lot for 38 acres.... I think we need some more info on the developer BS?

Edited by WHX12
  • Like 3

ACman

Amish Mafia IMG_2202.GIF.be179f104c8091450af2dc0afc4428b9.GIF   moving in...Just kidding Ed . Good to see it's not going to be a housing project :woohoo: !

• Like 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

will not be developed and the farm will be worked with horses and mules

You got the best deal ever, it will remain in agricultural production and you don't have to pay taxes on it.   :text-bravo:

• Like 4

Big_Red_Fred

Well Ed, it could be worse ? If I moved in with my 7 wives , 21 kids & 3 horses named Ed, Edward & Eddy & a dawg Wilbur, Man you will never sell me any parts ? LOL

• Like 3

steelman

Amazing to hear about land going for that kind of money. I was visiting my wife's family in southern Indiana recently and was told 15 to 20k an acre was not uncommon. There are lots of Amish in Daviss county (Indiana) and apparently not enough land. They will take good care of the land but with crop prices where they are at, they can't make any money farming it. 

SPINJIM

Think of all the work you saved yourself if you had to farm that land.   Let the Amish do the work.  Leaves you more time to find Wheel Horses.  I have three Amish neighbors, and most of them are good people.  That's a lot of $ for 38 acres, but the Amish seem to pool their money, and when they really want some good farmland, their pockets have no bottom.

Jim

CasualObserver

You know what they always say... the time to buy land is when it's for sale... they're not making any more of it! Especially out east! 

$12K/acre is a pretty premium price to me, but keep in mind it took more than one bidder to get there... ;)

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

Here Ed, maybe this will cheer you up ? Going to Ny for this IMG_03431.jpg.950f003d20c502f2cd1c8b93663fe47f.jpg

• Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Looks like the property...  :handgestures-thumbsup:

transferred into a good set of hands there Ed. 

Horses and mules are gonna make for a nice backdrop for your future :wh: picts.

It will be a change from the Green machines that are faming it now.    My fear is the right of way to the small wood lot on the right that I have maintained for nearly 50 years may be closed if they manage to buy that plot also.    The R O W has provided a nice grassy walking  path for all the neighbors.

1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Ed , If he had such deep pockets you think he would have purchased a pair of shoes for the young man sitting on the ground.:ROTF:

Footwear is not too high on their priority list Jim.    These are the three men I have photos of on my trail cameras.

52 minutes ago, WHX12 said:

He had deep pockets alright Ed..... and the rest of the clan to back him up the way it looks. :lol: Better luck next time and thanks for sharing!

2nd thought Ed that sounds like an awful lot for 38 acres.... I think we need some more info on the developer BS?

The farm is enrolled in the Clean and Green but not the Preservation.   Although the Farm is zoned agriculture, three building lots can be sold and if desired, it can by removed from the C & G program by paying back tax breaks for 5 years.

50 minutes ago, ACman said:

Amish Mafia IMG_2202.GIF.be179f104c8091450af2dc0afc4428b9.GIF   moving in...Just kidding Ed . Good to see it's not going to be a housing project :woohoo: !

Definitely  my second choice if I can't own it Jeff.

15 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

You got the best deal ever, it will remain in agricultural production and you don't have to pay taxes on it.   :text-bravo:

Right Richard,  and my four Grandsons college fund is still intact.      

13 minutes ago, steelman said:

Amazing to hear about land going for that kind of money. I was visiting my wife's family in southern Indiana recently and was told 15 to 20k an acre was not uncommon. There are lots of Amish in Daviss county (Indiana) and apparently not enough land. They will take good care of the land but with crop prices where they are at, they can't make any money farming it. 

This farm will probably become a produce garden.   38 acres is not enough to support a dairy or beef operation.    Free sweet corn and strawberries  for Ed?

13 minutes ago, SPINJIM said:

Think of all the work you saved yourself if you had to farm that land.   Let the Amish do the work.  Leaves you more time to find Wheel Horses.  I have three Amish neighbors, and most of them are good people.  That's a lot of $ for 38 acres, but the Amish seem to pool their money, and when they really want some good farmland, their pockets have no bottom.

Jim

So true Jim,  He didn't hesitate one bit as the bidding went over $400K.    I am sure he was ready to plunk down a half Mill.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

roadapples

I agree with 953nut, besides, how long would it take to plow 38 acres on a :wh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell

More seat time than I want Jay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

squonk

WE COULD HAVE HAD A PLOW DAY!!!! :auto-swerve:

Good luck ED. Amish can be great neighbors or a big PITA. A guy I work with has a big clan on his border. They keep cutting down his trees and plowing up his property. He's had the law and lawyers involved but they just act all innocent and as soon as backs are turned the're back at it.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Ed Kennell

I hear Ya Mike.  There have been many arrests in this area.  Mainly for their puppy mill operations and illegal decimation of the deer herds. 

• Like 1

WHX??
10 hours ago, roadapples said:

how long would it take to plow 38 acres on a :wh:

Not long if every member here showed up with a plow rig! :)

• Like 4