Sign in to follow this  
Rideawaysenior

D160 for $200.00

Rideawaysenior

So, last week I posted on Craigs list that I was looking for Wheel Horse tractors. I had a guy from Wales MA write me ad say that he had a D160 that he would like to get rid of. It has the 16hp single cyl Kohler, rear 3 point and rear PTO attachment. It's missing some stuff like the headlight frame but all in all it looked like a pretty nice machine. Oh, it does not run. Diagnosis was worn cam lobes. I get out there and take a look see and the man says give me $200.00 and take it away. I said nothing, handed him the cash and that was it. WOW. If the motor is actuially no good, it's got enough worth to me in parts to keep my other D160 going. I'll be posting some pics soon.

Jack

T-Mo

Jack,

Sounds good. At least you will have a parts tractor. Congratulations on such a good find. :D

Rollerman

Jack thats great...seems like the past few days have been hot for finding horses!

I have the same tractor...well mine had a dead twin in it & I used parts from a srill running but not moveing D160 single to make one good one.

Just curious...how many hours does a Kohler have on it before the cam lobes wear?

combatmp29r

Thats great Jack. Those kind of deals don't come around much. Not much at all. :D