PeacemakerJack

"Clyde"--Dad's 953

PeacemakerJack

Ironically, I had the same initial thought but because I knew what it said the connection was made.  We can certainly play with the lettering or possibly even a word change to “Gauge Wheel” or “Guide Wheel” or “Depth Wheel”or...?

Terry is awesome and I’m definitely impressed with his work...

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Vinylguy

I will make the changes later tonight .

25 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Ironically, I had the same initial thought but because I knew what it said the connection was made.  We can certainly play with the lettering or possibly even a word change to “Gauge Wheel” or “Guide Wheel” or “Depth Wheel”or...?

Terry is awesome and I’m definitely impressed with his work...

I think guide wheel. Should be easy to make a G that fits in with the old wheel Horse script. 

• Excellent 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

Just a suggestion... when I first looked at it , I thought it said “Lord Wheel”, maybe its just me. What if you took the lower case “e” in wheel and flipped it over to be an “a” . It looks like in that font it would work if you cleaned up the bottom of the e when flipped over and shortened it. Im on my phone so its the best I could do.

FE79975D-203D-4347-A432-91ADE73ACBF0.jpeg

If you weren't standing on your head it might be a bit better.     :ychain:

• Haha 4

19richie66

Sorry, not being critical. :naughty: I think it looks awesome. Just was my first thought. Maybe because I had just got home from church. That’s it. :thumbs:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

HEY!!! Maybe we could leave it just the way that it is.  Speaking of church Richie, my dad is a traveling missionary/minister. An occasional mistaken identity of Land vs Lord wouldn’t be the worst mistake;) in this case.  Kinda reminds me of that Carrie Underwood song from a few years ago, “Jesus take the wheel”!

Terry, if you are playing with stuff for it—I’d like you to mock up a decal for the main beam of the plow that says Wheel Horse PP-10HD in the old font if that is too much for one side (that has a long beam!) we could put the “Wheel Horse” on one side and the model number on the other...

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 1

Sarge

@Vinylguy - you let the cat out of the bag - now we need coffee cups , lol . Nice 'puter setup - good idea using the twin screens but with my eye sight I'd be cross-eyed in less than a minute, bad enough on this laptop...

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Vinylguy
3 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

HEY!!! Maybe we could leave it just the way that it is.  Speaking of church Richie, my dad is a traveling missionary/minister. An occasional mistaken identity of Land vs Lord wouldn’t be the worst mistake;) in this case.  Kinda reminds me of that Carrie Underwood song from a few years ago, “Jesus take the wheel”!

Terry, if you are playing with stuff for it—I’d like you to mock up a decal for the main beam of the plow that says Wheel Horse PP-10HD in the old font if that is too much for one side (that has a long beam!) we could put the “Wheel Horse” on one side and the model number on the other...

5a6e7a5ed991b_wheelhorsepp-10hd.png.8c409f16d4c785e7eda805a54b5ab20a.png

• Excellent 6

19richie66

Nice! On a side note, Terry, any luck with the carbon fiber background?

Edited by 19richie66

Vinylguy
Just now, 19richie66 said:

Nice! On a side note,  Terry, any luck with the carbon fiber background?

I just got home from a basketball game and am working on that next. Stay tuned

• Like 3

19richie66

You’re the man!

• Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

Terry—how did the basketball game go? Did your team win?

• Like 1

Vinylguy
6 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Nice! On a side note, Terry, any luck with the carbon fiber background?

If these dont suit you when you get them let me know and I will send you a set with just black background

5a6e7dfcd568e_richiecarbonfibercustomgt16.png.953fece5ea7dfb97643086204c0a51b6.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

19richie66

Oh those are sexy. They are going to look good. Please pm me with payment details so I can get them coming. 

• Like 2

ACman

@Vinylguy Terry is a genius when it comes to designing and making decals :bow-blue: !

Let me know when you have a little time to kill as I have some ideas. Let’s just say that my 1995 520 Wheel-a-Matic has a identity crisis sitting next to the 1075 . I think a 2075 Wheel-a-Matic decal would be even more of a throwback to the 65 .

7CA9DC58-B18C-4F7C-8E9B-806BB6C0F7CF.jpeg.442bd19b63d71cefa67108b92004f92c.jpeg

• Like 6

Vinylguy
28 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Terry—how did the basketball game go? Did your team win?

My Granddaughter Brooklyn ( Little B ) is 4 foot nothing in height but has giant heart and is a little thief on the floor.

Her 5th grade team is was 31 and 0 in the traveling conference they play in.

tonight however they suffered their first loss this year to a sixth grade all-star team from Peoria IL.

They originally did not want to come to play a fifth grade team they figured they would be no competition for them.

Our kids played them tough but fell 28 to 25. Very proud of them considering the girls they played were older much bigger and stronger.

Go Lady Giants!!! Hoping she will have a growth spurt before High School. But she is perfect to me. the second picture is her checking out the quilt my mother

made for her this year. thanks for letting me gloat guys. Now back to tractor talk. LOL

5a6e82cc9350a_LittleB2.png.a847a30ac9037a67cefac7a2591abb4b.png5a6e825d2f37d_LittleB.png.1105edee57cc797b5f49bc99545c9330.png

Image may contain: 10 people, people smiling

25 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Oh those are sexy. They are going to look good. Please pm me with payment details so I can get them coming. 

26 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

I will get them done ASAP will ship this week for sure.

Edited by Vinylguy
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 6

ACman

One thing about this forum is there’s always time for family talk too !

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Thanks Terry for sharing about your grand daughter and I love the family centeredness of many of you on this forum. This thread is perfect for it too considering that this is a multi generational thing as is evidenced by the pics and videos above.  Congrats to little B on a great season!  Sorry to hear they lost tonight but still awesome that they played tough and made it a close game!!!:greetings-clappingyellow:

Love the work on Richie’s “stickers” too—those look sweet!

• Like 4

19richie66

Family is what it’s all about. Let’s face it. Life is better when you have good people around you to share it with. Good times, bad times. There’s a song in there somewhere :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

Hey Terry @Vinylguy dad has finished all his fabrication work on his Plow for Clyde and here is what he has come up with...

E5846C5A-2DCA-45FE-A1ED-32181CE26116.jpeg.b50901513c656ef99ab53b36a509081c.jpeg

because of the coulter bracket he needs “the wheel horse” decal that you created above separated from the “PP-10HD”. He would like a set for each side of the plow beam.  You have the dimensions written on the above photo.  The Land Wheel bracket only would allow for a 1”x5” decal. If that isn’t enough space to make something look right, then we can leave that off.  But if you think that you can come up with something that looks good in that size, let’s see it.  

077A4190-933D-473A-9AF6-DF16BE16218E.jpeg.cd10a772e421f4d3bb0d1dec9e3179f7.jpeg

Then—dad restored a Wheel Horse disc last summer that is a show only piece. He shows it on his 875. It had factory decals when he got it. He would like replacements for those. One decal for the back edge saying “Wheel Horse” like this...

B5064F6D-304A-4377-840F-5741FC818B20.jpeg.1383a121ba9e9d94902eddcec3b56ee7.jpegThe other little decal is apparently a serial number.  If you don’t have the font on that, I can see if he took a picture of the decal...

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 3

19richie66

That turned out nice!

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

That turned out nice!

Agreed!

• Like 2

Achto

Top notch work!! That set up looks great, can't wait to see it in action. Might have to do some plagiarizing on his design.:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack
24 minutes ago, Achto said:

Top notch work!! That set up looks great, can't wait to see it in action.

You and me both Dan! Plow season can’t come fast enough for this “plow dog” especially with some of the “new” equipment in the circle!:laughing-rofl:  Caleb even wants to mount up a set of AG’s on JackRabbit and give it a go...

Clyde should be a formidable “mule” for sure.

• Like 5