Kavint76

Mower decks spacers

Kavint76

Hey everyone where can i get the plastic spacers for the mower deck tensioner slide bar. I need a few for some decks im rebuilding. If someone knows the part num that will help. Thnx in advanced. 

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

Hi, I think your referring to the items highlighted in this image-

5994003648cde_Belttensn.JPG.2fac2b372bc212eedc39e48445555ef6.JPG

If so, Search :text-google:for these nbrs  Toro 107674 107675  listed as Special Washer and Spacer Bushing.

I'm in UK, but the search will throw up all U.S sources of availability.  

• Like 3

gwest_ca

2nd item down?

Garry

• Like 4

daveoman1966

Or this older style....? ? ?  These are nylon.

nylon (3).JPG

nylon (2).JPG

• Like 5

ohiofarmer

From a resto-mod perspective, here is what I did.

My mower deck had two little thin blocks of Delrin close to where the spacers are shown in the pictures Like Davoman has posted above. The trouble with that is dirt and moisture built up  between those thin bottom blocks and rust made the slide bar drag. I had some Formica laying about and decided to just make a slide surface to support 100% of the slide bar. I made it about 1.5 inches wide and cut notches to capture it between the studs that those plastic spacer connect to

i polished the underside of the slide bar to a mirror finish and used  clear silicone grease between it and the slide bar. I applied red synthetic grease on the underside of the Formica to seal out moisture between the Formica and the deck surface because I did not have time to use paint. the slide action works very well two years later.  if you use the belt shields over the pulleys, nobody will see it anyway.

This is what I used to polish the bottom of the slide bar.    https://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=asc&order=EAScore%2Cf%2CEAFeatured+Weight%2Cf%2CSale+Rank%2Cf&q=polycarbide

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 2

Lane Ranger

If you are looking for the older style  nylon block glides for the tensioner  contact  D.J.  Harrison -hcminnis on Red Square.    He has them for sale.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/profile/1864-hcminis/

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Kavint76

Thnx everyone 

oldlineman

our venders can help you out!