Skipper

Where do you find tractors and implements?

ericj
16 hours ago, Searcher60 said:

I know where 2-520H's are right now for sale in Central Virgina for $1000 each. Maybe less with cash. Both have about 700 hrs.. One is a 1993, the other is a 1996.  Now, I desparety need a like new, 48", Model 78361 deck for my 520H. If someone wants the 520's then find me a deck. I'll trade where the 520's are located for where my deck is located. There is also a very nice 2 stage blower and tiller for sale at the same location. Sorry to have to be an ass, but nobody wants to come off a deck. The WH hogs stockpile everything they can, and just let it sit in a shed somewhere and rot away. 

I guess I'm one of the WH hogs stock piling decks, granted not that many but enough to make sure I have enough to last my life time and a little bit further if one of the kids or someday grand kids want one. I think I have three saved up plus 2 that i use. there is a guy Glen Cockerham that advertise on c/l in reading Pa that he has lots of deck for sale although shipping to the west coast might be a bit pricey. good luck 

eric j

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

DennisThornton

Craigslist 

Wheelhorse 

Wheel Horse 

Sometimes just "tractor" 

• Like 3

TDF5G
1 hour ago, DennisThornton said:

Craigslist 

Wheelhorse 

Wheel Horse 

Sometimes just "tractor" 

Yep, I always search the correct 2 words and the incorrect one word to find all results.  eBay is another place to find parts. 

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

dont know where in denmark you are but have a look in surrounding countries. there was a really nice 520 for sale over here in the netherlands, went for 1500 euro's i think.

they do show up from time to time over here

• Like 1

Skipper
17 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

You have to get to know Wheel Horse owners! Meet and greet, go places, talk, ask questions, go to some shows, swap meets, etc. Once your phone has ten of twelve wheel horse guys and gals listed you will have more ways of finding parts, tractors and information that you even wanted !

010.JPG

Good advise, but it is a long way to row the boat to go to meet you guys. Would be nice though! Maby I can take a few days off next time I'm stateside to mingle ;-)

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Here's what you do Skipper keep an eye out on the internet for what you are looking for. If you see something that piques your interest use the member map http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/membermap/ or give a shout out here on a thread for a member that might be nearby and could go check it out for you. If the stars are aligned and you were meant to have it see if said member can pick it up and hold it for you till you can arrange shipping. You'll find guys here that might be local, are strait shooters and will bend over backwards to help another member score a tractor and 99% of us have the means to haul one.

Have you tried putting up a wanted ad in in the classifies section? http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/wanted/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ACman
4 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Craigslist 

Wheelhorse 

Wheel Horse 

Sometimes just "tractor" 

:text-yeahthat:... and I always search in for sale "all" not just " farm and garden" . People will list tractors under antiques , barter and other categories . Yes a bunch of other stuff will pop up but you won't miss it if it was listed under antiques. Then I also search city by city which takes a lot of time .  You'll see a lot of the same stuff but it seems there's always one tractor that pops up only in that city for some reason . Then if you do find something don't hesitate , run IMG_1724.GIF.2c500f2bb5d608925cbebfd5fab61ab4.GIF don't walk , jump on it quick  . We have a old saying on this side of the pond maybe you already know it but " if you snooze you loose " . I lost out many of times for procrastinating :wacko: .

54 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Good advise, but it is a long way to row the boat to go to meet you guys. Would be nice though! Maby I can take a few days off next time I'm stateside to mingle ;-)

Stevebo's meet and greet is coming up , here's the link... 

That would be a god place to rub elbows with some serious collectors . There's always the "BIG SHOW" held at the end of June each year . Lots and lots to see and buy . A must for any Wheel Horse collector http://new.wheelhorsecc.com/ .

21 minutes ago, WHX12 said:

Here's what you do Skipper keep an eye out on the internet for what you are looking for. If you see something that piques your interest use the member map http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/membermap/ or give a shout out here on a thread for a member that might be nearby and could go check it out for you. If the stars are aligned and you were meant to have it see if said member can pick it up and hold it for you till you can arrange shipping. You'll find guys here that might be local, are strait shooters and will bend over backwards to help another member score a tractor and 99% of us have the means to haul one.

Have you tried putting up a wanted ad in in the classifies section? http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/wanted/

And lastly take Jim's advice here if you do find something . This is the best group of guys and gals on any forum, on the net . Lots of people willing to help out a fellow member. :text-thankyoublue:

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
15 minutes ago, ACman said:

I always search in for sale "all" not just " farm and garden

Sounds to me like some has a bit of an affliction when they go thru that effort to find a tractor! :ychain:

• Like 1

953 nut

I guess you could just follow @Ed Kennell around, he always seems to find them.      :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ACman
48 minutes ago, WHX12 said:

Sounds to me like some has a bit of an affliction when they go thru that effort to find a tractor! :ychain:

Yes.. just a little of an affliction :blink: . It pays off though...like finding a NOS K91 for $99 that was under antiques  . It was listed for two weeks and I was the first caller :banana-rock: ! 

As your newest hire Jim @WHX12  , now I can do it on company time and get paid for it... :lol: !

Edited by ACman
  • Like 3

Skipper
3 hours ago, C-101plowerpower said:

dont know where in denmark you are but have a look in surrounding countries. there was a really nice 520 for sale over here in the netherlands, went for 1500 euro's i think.

they do show up from time to time over here

I'm looking. Haven't found one yet. Every time I hear of one, I have seen 5 512-d's, so rather rare they are........... :-)

Wow im on my behind over this. You people are the nicest lot for sure!

Be carefull with that. I might take you up on it :-)

Thank you for all the input and great info!

:thanks:

Edited by Skipper
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1