12 hp Kohler

Wheel horse 754

12 hp Kohler

I know they only made 421 of the wheel horse 754 but how much are they actually worth, I have an opportunity to buy one soon and I am definitely going to jump on it I am  just wondering how good of a deal I will  be getting. The guy is my friend and has been good to me so I am not going to negotiate the price, he wants $150 for it and it has the original 7hp kohler on and has rear ag tires. It used to run but he says prolly will need some work now what you guys think, I will not be getting it for a month or to because have to save up for it but am definitely going to buy it ! In pic it has extra hood on top and no seat in picture but it has one. IMG_1508.JPG.486a686f67c593dcba01df912c452955.JPGIMG_1509.JPG.c085860bb4f2531a2aab7a43c05bc47a.JPG

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

I'd say $150 is a steal! But hey I'm no expert! I'm sure there would be guys from here lined up to buy it for that... me being one of them!

Edited by Amcwheel85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
33 minutes ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

I know they only made 421 of the wheel horse 754

Where did this number come from? I had always heard there were no production numbers for any of the older models. Only  thing I ever heard is that the 754 is the same as an 854 but the Kohler had a shortage of 8 HP engines and they used 7 HP engines until they could get more of the 8s.

• Like 2

evanloock

There was a document sent out to the dealers in a limited geographical area regarding this tractor.  It stated the number of the tractors available.

• Excellent 3

CasualObserver
21 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Where did this number come from? I had always heard there were no production numbers for any of the older models

There were actually numbers released for a few models over the years. The 754 was one. The number is actually 422 though. 

Some others are....

the 1045 model - qty 1100,

520-8  - qty 250,

420LSE - qty 200 (or 225 depending on who you talk to)

The document for the 754 that Eric is speaking of quotes a run of 300.... but the count in the ledger is 422.

@12 hp Kohler if it truly is a 754... yep, worth it.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hp Kohler

Thanks for info, I will keep you guys posted when I get it.

Thanks robbie 

Racinbob

Check that out carefully. Based on the steering wheel it's a 1963. In any case I'm thinking it's a deal that shouldn't be passed up. :)

• Like 3