Big_Red_Fred

Kohler fuel pumps

Big_Red_Fred

Does anyone know the part # for the Kohler fuel pump in the Metal housing ? I did get some of those plastic ones but theres a Heck of a lot of heat up there & sure dont need gas spraying the exhaust, sorry dont wanna be a REAL RED FRED if you no what i mean, And a rebuild kit number too, thanks Fellow nuts ;-) 

953 nut

I have replaced a couple of mine with electric pumps, cost less than $ 20.00 and work great. For a faithful restoration I would stick with an OEM Kohler pump, but for a worker or play time :wh: electric is the way to go.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

roadapples

@953 nut $20 ? What do you use?  Thanks

Big_Red_Fred

So obviously id hook to ignition correct ? Electric pump that is . @953 nut

pfrederi

I hook mine to the acc terminal.  Turn the ignition to run for a few seconds you will here the pump and it changes sound after the float valve closes.  The turn to start and off you go.

• Like 4

Big_Red_Fred

I ordered the 2 pack for 16, thanks buddy, tho i will get rebuild kits to, need 2 of them, Thanks RacinBob for parts site, i wrote it down, i dont no how to copy & paste LOL @Racinbob

@pfrederi Thanks for advice , i was suppose to come to Allentown today, was going after that 518H, then my son needed truck, think i lost my chance, 385.00

Just to Let you all know, the C125 is coming along Fine on resto, I will post pic's soon, hope i did it right, Hey 953 i need sum Fuzzy Dice above steering wheel

TravelinJavelin
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I have replaced a couple of mine with electric pumps, cost less than $ 20.00 and work great. For a faithful restoration I would stick with an OEM Kohler pump, but for a worker or play time :wh: electric is the way to go.

that's great to know thanks for this info!

953 nut
2 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

i need sum Fuzzy Dice above steering wheel

Going to hang them off the rear view mirror, right!    :ychain:

• Like 1

ACman
2 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

I need sum Fuzzy Dice above steering wheel

Me being a true red neck :lol: I use a raccoon tail .

IMG_2209.JPG.feb74453dd6b6f2d286a19db72653f37.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 2

Big_Red_Fred

Man i'm Jealous now, hey there goes Pepe LApoo , that may top you LOL, but 953 got us both with that scrawny bear, How bout it Tigger ! @953 nut @ACman 

• Like 1

Racinbob

I just ordered a couple of those electric pumps too. If my 2005 sits a few days I have to crank it some to get fuel back to the carb. It was never a problem living in Florida but I think it might be this winter now that we are back in Indiana. I'll connect it to the 'run' terminal. :)

• Like 4

Big_Red_Fred

@ACman Your work bench looks like mine at my shop, Hmmm, how did Clint Eastwood put it in Heart Break Ridge ? Cluster WHAT, did i just think that, i didnt think that ? LOL

ACman

The sad thing is this quadriplegic didn't do any of it but it seems that I'm the only one who knows where things are :lol: . Figure that one out :scratchead: ?

• Like 3

WHX??

@Achto any comments on the coon tail?:lol:

• Like 3

Achto

Coon tail looks great @ACman. I need to get another one for my rat rod, mine fell a part.😞 Might try to get a big whip antenna to mount the new one on.😀

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

Hey were all Garager's  ! My new mechanic said Pap, we gonna clean this mess up, he collects old Craftsman tractors, he's the one who sold me the C125 for 200, said horses are over priced, LOL, i said more like Quality !

953 nut
30 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

complete rebuld kit

Depends on what you mean by complete, If you mean with a float and adjustment needles, you would be better off to buy one of the aftermarket replacement units from eprdistribution  on :techie-ebay: for about $ 35.00. Several of use have them and I am pleased with mine. Be sure the choke linkage is the same as yours.

Big_Red_Fred

Ok thanks, having issues again, the needle bearing under float doesnt have a catch on it, floods engine with gas, its that walbro i got from a raider 12

TravelinJavelin

hey fred i'll send you a P/M