Firebug

Gt14 3 point

Firebug

I'm looking at a gt14 that does not have a 3 point or pto. I have read that they were an option on those models. I was just curious how hard those were to find to put one on if I went that route. I'm interested in it because it has a loader on it. Or would I be better off trying to find a loader for my d200 or d160 that already has the 3 point and pto. I'm not sure how much of a pain either would be to find or install. 

Aldon

Not hard to find. It's rare to find them used however there is a fellow on eBay that sells them. They are pricey as it's a lot of steel and fabrication work. 

• Excellent 1

19richie66

Could the loader be installed on your d200 and then sell the gt14? Just a thought 

• Like 1

Firebug

I've thought about that, putting the loader on my 200, I'm just not sure what fabrication would be required to make frame mounts, not sure if the pump would mount the same. I know the loader for the 200 mounts the the front and runs off the pto, if the 14 doesn't have the same pto setup then it would probably require fabbing a mount for the pump. Would be easier to find a loader for the 200 if I'm going to go that route. 

KC9KAS

Just my opinion, but a 3 point lift (for the GT-14) would be easier to find and less expensive than a loader for the D's.

Even if you had to fabricate a 3 ph hitch, I think that would be easier....

953 nut
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Could the loader be installed on your d200 and then sell the gt14? Just a thought 

:text-yeahthat:            The PTO on a GT-14 is not a spline shaft rear PTO like the one on a "D:. It is the one on the engine crank shaft and is probably being used for the loader pump. The sub-frame for the loader on the GT-14 probably could be adapted to the "D" with a little welding and a few bolt holes drilled. If the "D" has a front PTO it could drive the pump. The pump mount fabrication would be fairly easy to accomplish.

• Excellent 1

Firebug

So it sounds like it would take some fabrication to make a gt loader work on a d. Starting to think I might be better off trying to find a d loader to put on mine that already has the 3 point and pto

953 nut

Unless you buy a tractor with a loader already installed there will be some fab work needed. Check out a couple of the threads on this site about installing a loader and see for yourself. Any good welding shop or farm machinery shop could do the job for you. take a look at the sub-frame on my GT-14 and you will see how it could look on your "D". It mounts under the frame and is bolted to it.

5990d1bf55aad_GT-14withFEL001.JPG.7dd5183bcf222bc52f7c7cbde8b729fa.JPG5990d1f0a966f_GT-14withFEL009.JPG.767fe0b5fdd72f41c4c4c4ce80e39700.JPG5990d20c090f1_GT-14withFEL005.JPG.7dbe49d66b9ebd0e6c588785531650c7.JPG5990d21ddfac8_GT-14withFEL006.JPG.93e1dc22f5bb21ec9d170b7767354bde.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Firebug

So that looks like it attaches differently than I thought. I thought it had rails that follow along the frame rails but that looks like it mounts across the frame