Amcwheel85

Picked up a cub 122 W/custom hydrualics and CAT O 3 point

Amcwheel85

Well guys I just picked this very cool cub 122 tonight. Runs but smokes and after awhile dies under load... but has creeper gear, all driveline including clutch and front pto is brand new! And it has custom hydraulics and sweet CAT O 3 point! Also came with very nice deck(one small patch) and a sears dirt snow plow(which can also be lifted with hydraulics as they go front to back! Came with custom steel wheel weights, all manuals and tons of extra small parts.. that being said I wanna keep this tractor.. but idk if I need all this hydraulic stuff as I wouldn't work it all that hard.. may sell the whole custom set up. But it's awesome and works great! Headlights work too... 

IMG_2815.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2823.JPG

IMG_2824.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

• Like 7

Amcwheel85

Got deck and wheel weights off, I'm gonna sell them. Looks tough now with fat heavy tires and all that hydraulic/3 point on it! 

IMG_2841.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2844.JPG

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

953 nut

Didn't you just sell your Massey Ferguson to make room for a Camaro?     :angry-tappingfoot:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:Thought it was a Duster. 

• Haha 1

Amcwheel85

Why yes I did. And also just started a job a week ago that I've been trying to get since I moved.. so money is better now. Also I cleaned out my big back shed made shelfs for my wheel horse cart and #2 IH cart so that saved me room. Also this tractor may end up in New York with my dad or cousin because they are big cub guys. O and it was a deal I couldn't pass up that was gear shift not hydro. One last thing it def is NOT gonna be a Camaro! In the spring I'm gonna buy a 2013+ 5.0 mustang or maybe order brand new one. Craig... wouldn't mind having a duster someday tho lol

one last thing did anyone notice I DID clean out my garage also to start making room for the new car?? Only my 2 babies left in there now, they will be last to go out back... cub is in there as I unloaded it late last night and it's where I work on them but will be headed out back when I'm done... whew you guys got me defending myself cuz I have a hobby I can't stop spending money on lol

Edited by Amcwheel85
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

953 nut
2 hours ago, Amcwheel85 said:

One last thing it def is NOT gonna be a Camaro!

Sorry, seems I hit a nerve there.   :hide:   I have a Ford truck, a Dodge truck and a Mercury SUV, can you forgive me;   PLEASE?  :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Amcwheel85

It's ok Dick.. I will let it slide this time lol

Gave the cub a quick bath 

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

IMG_2854.JPG

• Like 1

953 nut
11 minutes ago, Amcwheel85 said:

ok Dick.. I will let it slide this time

:text-thankyoublue:          :text-thankyoublue:           :text-thankyoublue:

Is the hydro pump an old GM power steering pump? I have heard the would work but never seen one in action.

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Yup that's what it is. The guys I got it from said he worked it hard for 20 years so it must work good lol. I think now I'm gonna have more money coming in I may restore this tractor and restore all this custom stuff as if it was original to the tractor because it was done very well and with great paint job would look factory to most ppl.. 

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

IMG_2855.JPG

• Like 2

953 nut

At last, a picture with the kids!      :angry-tappingfoot:     About time.     :ychain:

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Lol yeah I knew it wouldn't take them long before they wanted to pose with the tractor. My daughter begged me to drive any of the tractors today but all need little things done before we can drive them. 

IMG_2874.JPG

IMG_2875.JPG

I know 1 thing... cubs are way easier to find down here then wheel horses!!! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

48 minutes ago, Amcwheel85 said:

IMG_2874.JPG

IMG_2875.JPG

I know 1 thing... cubs are way easier to find down here then wheel horses!!! 

The IH CUB CADET assembly plant was in Louisville KY, as wheel a lot of other well known brands, I like the older cubs to dad bought his "original" around 1977 and still has/uses it and I had a 106 with the hi/lo "creeper" trans before I bought the anniversary 520H new, Jeff.

• Like 3

Amcwheel85

Yeah I def bleed wheel horse red but I've been around cubs my whole life, my grandfather always ran them, dad and his cousin(I consider my 2nd father) also collects them and has always used them weekly to mow. So I have a tie to these yellow and white iron machines. Actually my 2nd father isn't doing very good dealing with cancer and told me he is gonna sell me his cub 71 I've been begging for. 

Wheel horse has them beat big time when it comes to easier to work on tho!!!

Edited by Amcwheel85
  • Like 2

PeacemakerJack

Great pics here!  The Cub 122 is one of the all time great cubs! It was the first 12hp and as mentioned had the GD transmission.  It was/is a sharp looking tractor and you got a cool one there.  That custom 3pt is super cool and the fat AG tires along with the skinny fronts give it a stout look. I especially like the fact that your kids are enjoying the hobby with you.

Just like the automotive industry, the GT Industry was a hotly contested market segment in the 1960’s and early 70’s.  I can really appreciate the fact that the power players—:wh:, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Bolens, etc were constantly working to improve their tractors and be the leader.  Unlike today when most of the lawn tractors at your local box store are all the same except the paint and decals. 

You Have a great family and a cool hobby! Nice score on the vintage Cub:handgestures-thumbupright: