mikeeyre74

522xi fuel level sender

mikeeyre74

Man, these aren't cheap! I removed it from the tank yesterday and it reads 30ohms at the top and as it travels downwards the ohms go up.. until about 200 or so, and then it goes out of range and breaks continuity. And I figured that was ok.. I'll know when it' full to getting down on fuel and then when the gauge pegs itself again, it's time to fuel up.. but when I put it back in the tank it's still no good. I totally failed to check if the darn thing even floats while I had it out, tho.. are there any fixed for this thing known? Better priced options?

Fuel sender

gwest_ca

Will guess these are the units you have

Garry

doc724

Someone had to have manufactured that (Toro just bought it that way).  If you suspect the potentiometer is bad (and not the float), de-rivet it from the unit and see if there are any mfg identification molded into the orange housing.  If yes, go direct to the manufacturer.  When I restore my old machines, all the switches have worn out.  Some I can buy from Toro at exorbitant prices.  However, with a little investigation and lots of searching, I have been able (most times) to get the exact replacement for 75% less.

shallowwatersailor

I wonder if you have a break in the wiring? Maybe pull the connector apart and clean it. Or the float may be saturated.

mikeeyre74

Hm. So yeah, my values are in that range.. I'm guessing that maybe the float just doesn't.. well, float! I'll have to recheck that.