Elkskin's mower junkyard

somethings are starting to hit

Sparky

Finding items like that when the wound is fresh can be emotional, but keep all the things that were your dads, such as the lighter case, in a box because someday it will give you great pleasure to go thru them and reminisce.

Mike....

• Like 8

953 nut
3 hours ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

yea he wasnt my biological dad. but he adopted me

Dads are Dads, he was your father because of love, can't ask for more than that. My Dad has been gone for over thirty years but there isn't a day goes by that I don't think about him.

• Like 6

SPINJIM

We all remember and love our Moms, but we love and emulate our Dads.    We honor them by copying their strengths and by forgiving their weakness.

Jim

• Like 5

WVHillbilly520H

"My" son was born after 8 years of marriage but found out not long after his birth he wasn't biologically mine, but I stayed true to him giving him my name and my parents as his grandparents right up till this May(13years) where my ex wife and new husband went behind my back and along with the deadbeat biological father letting her new husband adopt him and change "my" sons name to her new husband's,(I fought through the court system to try and keep him as mine and raise him in a more conservative manner as to earning it than buying him every he wanted) I just hope that he realizes as you have ,that it takes more that DNA to be a "father" so in some respects I feel in some sense what you are going through with the loss of your father and the "loss" of my son, keep the faith and God bless you there will be brighter days ahead , Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

DennisThornton

Touched... 

Thanks for that. 

Elkskin's mower junkyard
8 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

"My" son was born after 8 years of marriage but found out not long after his birth he wasn't biologically mine, but I stayed true to him giving him my name and my parents as his grandparents right up till this May(13years) where my ex wife and new husband went behind my back and along with the deadbeat biological father letting her new husband adopt him and change "my" sons name to her new husband's,(I fought through the court system to try and keep him as mine and raise him in a more conservative manner as to earning it than buying him every he wanted) I just hope that he realizes as you have ,that it takes more that DNA to be a "father" so in some respects I feel in some sense what you are going through with the loss of your father and the "loss" of my son, keep the faith and God bless you there will be brighter days ahead , Jeff.

wow. well way mom put it my biological must of drugged me when i was a kid. before my dad adopted me i would return from visitations like a zombie. one time mom took me over to one of her friends house right after i was dropped off. my moms friend looked at me and told mom u need to take him to hospital hes being drugged. well i vomitted on my moms friends carpet and was better. this happened almost everytime not mentioning other things. I am proud to say my dad adopted me because he raised me right. I see you put alot of effort into raising that kid. it will catch up to him and he will realize you raised him. heck if it wasnt for my dad i would not be here on redsquare. i love tractors because of my dad :)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ohiofarmer

Lucky is the person who finds a true family when their birth parents let them down. Lucky are the people who offer love to those in need and see their love returned in a changed life lived well.

After seeing what you dad means to you, the phrase "honor your father" now has a higher meaning to me.. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2