BOB ELLISON

That bear is very scrawny looking.

Dick you need to fatten him up.

• Like 6

KC9KAS

"Don't feed the bears"!

• Like 5

JPWH

I hope you were using a zoom lens for the photo shoot!

• Like 3

953 nut
11 minutes ago, JPWH said:

hope you were using a zoom lens

No, the bird feeder post is about six feet from my wife's sewing room window. He came up on the porch after that shot but we couldn't get a good photo without opening the door.

• Like 4

stevebo

We had one in the backyard last week too. These bears seem to be getting very comfortable around these parts which is scary considering we have lots of young kids around. 

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Cool picture Richard.    He does look a little on the thin side, but I doubt he would take a bite of you.

Here is one of the most dangerous critters.  My BIL suffered an unprovoked attack this summer. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nbc-news-channel/otter-attack-closes-beach-in-washington-state-314260547931

• Like 2

WHX??

I'm sorry Richard but if that bear showed up on my stand he would get a get out of jail for free card. That has got to be one of the ugliest bears I have ever seen. It just don't look healthy and I personally would show that to a local expert to see what might be wrong with it. Maybe some kind of wasting disease??? I have bear hunted all my life and nevery saw one like that.  Maybe just the pic too?

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I agree Jim, he does look thin, but not the ugliest bear I have seen.  Here is a pic I took in April 2014 of a bear suffering horribly from mange.

After adding the picture, I decided it was too offensive and I did not want to add it to Richards post.

It  was not a pleasant sight.  If anyone is interested in seeing the picture, send me a PM .

• Like 3

squonk
10 hours ago, 953 nut said:

No, the bird feeder post is about six feet from my wife's sewing room window. He came up on the porch after that shot but we couldn't get a good photo without opening the door.

For a minute there I thought you were using a 7-11 or bank surveillance camera! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

clueless

Obviously he was looking for a picanic basket.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Big_Red_Fred

Hey Ed, Richard should have used my camera, the Blurr would have put some weight on him ;-) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1