Sign in to follow this  
Happytractor

D160 mid mower and rear pto

Happytractor

Hi Guys

This might be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway.I will be putting a rear pto on my D160. Can I still run my mid mount mower? I dont have the pto yet but I hope I can run my belly mower.I have an electric front pto with one sheave pulley. Thanks in advance for any answers!!

"D"- Man

Are you asking if, after you get your rear P.T.O. installed, can you run the mid mount mower deck and the finish mower deck simultaneously?  I don't think this is what you are asking, but rather, will you have the option to oscillate between the two.  If I remember correctly the rear P.T.O. belt is part #103084 and the drive belt to the mid-mount deck is a different part #  

Happytractor

Thanks for the reply "D"-Man.I guess I didnt phrase the question very well.I want to know if that pulley that is on the pto shaft will be in the way to run the mule drive for the mid mount mower.Will the rear pto limit me to just rear mower and tiller?:)

pacer

The PTO that is used for both is a 2 sheave setup - one to drive the deck and the other for the PTO shaft and if you have the short belt running to the shaft and the longer belt for the deck then yes both will be turning at the same time.

With a single sheave PTO I dont think it will line up with the shaft.

Just to clarify, you are aware of the WH shaft driven PTO that it turns a higher rpm and therefore many attachments wont work (most PTOs turn at 540rpm) and the Horse is 2000rpm (I think that is right!)

Also be prepared for a fun job getting that shaft tucked under there - it is a real PAIN! When I pulled mine off the 180 to rebuild the Ross steering box, I said hey! I never have used the thing so I just aint gonna put it back on! (Anybody wanna PTO for a D series;))

Happytractor

Thanks for the info Pacer! I am aware of the pto rpm's,I thought it would be cool to have the rear pto,I have the 3 point so thats why I want to put the pto on,turning my D160 into the deluxe model.I don't have any rear pto attachments but a tiller would be nice, might find one in the future.This might turn into a bigger project than I thought it would be! Thanks again for the info:)