Mal(Pa)

Tractor Seats

Mal(Pa)

Ok guys, what's the secret to keep from sliding off of these shiny plastic seat when mowing on a side hill?It seems that some of them have been wax polished.I've noticed some guys have those expensive seats with arm rests,but what do us poor guys do?:auto-swerve:Mal

• Like 3

R. L. Addison

I sit on the high side of the seat.

• Like 3

jay bee

Change out of those corduroy pants!!! :ROTF:

Jim

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

lynnmor

That black waffle stuff they sell for lining mechanics tool boxes works well.  You just wrap it around and pin it.

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

Velcro glue some to seat and removable type for your pants or a seat belt.:ROTF: 

• Like 1

JPWH

A piece of rubber backed rug or carpet works well. Extra padding with no sliding.

Sarge

Hope that side hill doesn't exceed Kohler's splash lube engine angle of 25*....just fyi .

Sarge

• Like 2

pfrederi

Some one may have used armorall on it.  That stuff is way slick.  Try cleaning the seat with windex.

• Like 3

CasualObserver

Get a cracked up old seat covered in duct tape... it usually rolls and folds so the sticky side shows a little... helps hold you in the seat.:lol:

• Like 6

Mal(Pa)

Ok, tried starting on high side,then quickly slide to low side.No corduroy pants used.Stuff from the tool box is a good idea to try.Now, rubber backed carpet sounds good, The velcro might work if I can set my butt exactly on it.Something sounds wrong with the gorilla glue stuff. Old seat might and tape might work if I had the seat.The hill is not at 25* but it is good to know these things.Thanks For the ideas guys.     :thanks:     Mal

• Like 5

AMC RULES
16 minutes ago, Mal(Pa) said:

Something sounds wrong with the gorilla glue stuff. 

:scratchead:  Why wrong...

you're looking for more :wh: seat time, aren't you? 

• Like 4

TDF5G

I sit halfway on the seat and fender to mow my bank.  Been doing it for 23 years. It wears out the seat faster though and I'm about 170 lbs.  Save your genuine :wh: seat if you have one, as they are highly valued.  I'm on about my fourth seat on the B-80.

Edited by TDF5G

Mal(Pa)
9 hours ago, TDF5G said:

I sit halfway on the seat and fender to mow my bank.  Been doing it for 23 years. It wears out the seat faster though and I'm about 170 lbs.  Save your genuine :wh: seat if you have one, as they are highly valued.  I'm on about my fourth seat on the B-80.

I'd most likely fall off if I sat like that. I'm 240 lbs and soon will be 73 years old. I feel good if I can climb on and off the normal way. ;)  Mal

• Haha 1