Mt Zion 520H

Thinking about larger rear deck wheels...

Mt Zion 520H

The ones on it are all plastic and wobble on it when off ground. Measured them at 5 3/4". Figure they might not be the ones for it and extra height from larger wheels would be beneficial seeing as i have loads of lumps and bumps on the land. What do you guys use and like?

WVHillbilly520H

I use the original red steel centered wheels can be found on eBay as a kit with the axle bolts and also with the anti-scalp rollers as well, hope this helps, Jeff.

Screenshot_20170808-154955.png

Screenshot_20170808-155019.png

• Like 1

Mt Zion 520H

Thanks brother. Was thinking maybe a tad larger diameter?

The deck at highest hole has the back of blade at about 3" off ground.

When i put new blades other day; noticed there's spindles, thick washers, blades, thin washers and then nuts. Spindle or something in it.. Opposite the exit seems to be bent because the height changes when i spin it. Using exit side and center the height remains about 3" off. With wheels dipping into holes and all.. I'm not really able to get a taller cut for healthier grass to grow.

Aldon

Just be sure that with larger rear wheels when you have the deck in the most high cutting setting that the center pulley does not impact with the deck hanger lift bar. You could grind off the grease fitting and damage the spindle. I've seen this on a few decks.

daveoman1966

I have a pair of ALL PLASTIC / NYLON (?) deck wheels that are  8" dia x 2" wide.

OEM wheels are 6" diameter so these, at 8" dia will raise the deck by 1" and should give clearance for yard knobs...

NOTE...these have separate replaceable steel bearings....  

email to me at:

daveoman@windstream.net

gage 8x2 (1).JPG

gage 8x2 (2).JPG

gage 8x2 (4).JPG

gage 8x2 (6).JPG

cleat
1 hour ago, Mt Zion 520H said:

Thanks brother. Was thinking maybe a tad larger diameter?

The deck at highest hole has the back of blade at about 3" off ground.

When i put new blades other day; noticed there's spindles, thick washers, blades, thin washers and then nuts. Spindle or something in it.. Opposite the exit seems to be bent because the height changes when i spin it. Using exit side and center the height remains about 3" off. With wheels dipping into holes and all.. I'm not really able to get a taller cut for healthier grass to grow.

Starting at the spindle, there should be a thin washer, blade, thick washer then the nut.

If you put the thick washer at the spindle, you will have a slightly lower cut.

Cleat

7 minutes ago, daveoman1966 said:

I have a pair of ALL PLASTIC / NYLON (?) deck wheels that are  8" dia x 2" wide.

OEM wheels are 6" diameter so these, at 8" dia will raise the deck by 1" and should give clearance for yard knobs...

email to me at:

daveoman@windstream.net

gage 8x2 (1).JPG

gage 8x2 (2).JPG

gage 8x2 (4).JPG

gage 8x2 (6).JPG

Ball bearings are always an upgrade. The 60" deck comes with ball bearing wheels.

Cleat

Mt Zion 520H
4 hours ago, Aldon said:

Just be sure that with larger rear wheels when you have the deck in the most high cutting setting that the center pulley does not impact with the deck hanger lift bar. You could grind off the grease fitting and damage the spindle. I've seen this on a few decks.

Thanks for the tip brother. I will see if i can emulate larger wheels by putting an inch of something under rear wheels and see if it hits before moving fwd.

3 hours ago, daveoman1966 said:

email to me at:

daveoman@windstream.net

gage 8x2 (1).JPG

gage 8x2 (2).JPG

gage 8x2 (4).JPG

gage 8x2 (6).JPG

Email sent brother.

cleat... Thanks for the washer, blade, thicker washer order brother.

Seems they were put in the wrong way. I'll have to fix that next time around.

Edited by Mt Zion 520H
  • Like 1

Mt Zion 520H

Anyone ever use those from tractor supply with the grease fittings?

WVHillbilly520H

The factory originals have a grease fitting, but are only bronze bushed but my first set on the one I bought brand new lasted 14-15 years, Jeff.