Thor27

Nice work, I really like how you did the sleeve hitch

Tractor boy

Cool and where did you get the lead for the receiver?

Heavy Duty
44 minutes ago, Thor27 said:

Nice work, I really like how you did the sleeve hitch

Thanks!!

I made it from an old MTD sleeve hitch.

24 minutes ago, Tractor boy said:

Cool and where did you get the lead for the receiver?

Mostly from wheel weights.

Tractor boy

ohh. did you melt them down?

Heavy Duty

Sure did! What you see is a steel 4x4x14" long steel tube. I welded a cap on one side, filled it with molten lead and welded a cap onto the other side. Only thing I should have done was put handles on it.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jayoutdoors
      By Jayoutdoors
      hey there  I would like to install a ball and pull my boat and utility tractor around the property.  I don't feel as if the design of this drawbar style is built for that not to mention low height.   What recommendations, bought or built do you have to help me out.. 
      it would be nice to keep my tiller attachment on if possible.

also what did they use the bar coming from under seat for??

• 22GO
      By 22GO
      1979 C 8 speed tranny model with 14 hp Kohler engine and plow attachment, Runs good but ignition switch doesn't work and have to jump start over solenoid. Right rear wheel hub lock bolt won't hold and hub slides in on axle. Not sure why, out of round hub axle hole? Still use it regularly though with hack fix. Plow blade is badly worn out along the knife edge.

• nylyon
      By nylyon-(Admin)
      I think I am selling my 1987 414-8 with plow, weights and chains.  Now here’s the story on this one. A long long time ago, I was searching for a snow plow for my 416H.  In that search I stumbled onto a forum which was one day old.  There was no name of the forum, just whtractor.15.forumer.com. Trying to learn more about snow plows I started conversations with one of the active members on the site, let’s call him Mike.  Mike convinced me I didn’t need a plow, but an entirely new tractor.

About a week or so later, I found this 414–8 for sale, and bought it.  I now had my plow and could plow the driveway. So what happened with Mike @Sparky and this forum I spoke of? It grew a little bit, and we now call it RedSquare, and for sale is one of if not THE reason RedSquare exists today, so you can own a piece of RedSquare history!

About the tractor: 1987 414-8. Kohler M14, runs well does not burn oil. Everything on the tractor works as it should, but it is a worker. The plow is a 48” with a custom made scraper blade, made from heavier stock than original. For the past several years, this has been a dedicated plow tractor, so it hasn’t seen a lot of work, but has also sat outside (under a tractor cover) so lots of let’s say, patina going on.  

I a, selling because I just picked up a 416-8, and that will become my winter plow / blower tractor.  I am looking for $550, but like I said this tractor is a bit of a legend!

I have cleaned it up since the pictures were taken.

• F. Marra 17
      By F. Marra 17
      Gets the job done
    • F. Marra 17
      By F. Marra 17
      No problem cutting through