briankd

2017 tri state tractor show portland indiana

briankd

any of the indiana guys here going to be here at this show august 23 to the 26th ? didn't make it last year but the previous yrs was there was a few wheel horse guys there set up at the show . got the time off work and will be going this year. hope the weather is nice

http://tristategasenginetractor.com/images/custom/52nd tristate show.pdf

Edited by briankd

Lane Ranger

I will be there on August 23rd.  

Howie

Will be there August 24th. Probably not the whole day.

• Like 1

artfull dodger

Had a great time today at Portland, ran into a fellow Redsquare member there selling.  Gave me a nice Wheelhorse hat.  Cannot remember his screen name, he told me but way to much going on to remember it now.  Many thanks for the hat!!!    Drove the diesel powered Autism Horse all over the show, friend that drove had his Allis 716 quit charging and died on him.  So I had to pull him from one side of the grounds to the very back of the north parking lot to his truck.  My battery is flakey, I think it has a cell going bad.  But I have the recoil start for backup.  Had to use it a couple times today when I shut it down several times in a row without much recharge time.  I got a different muffler for the Horse, I think my current set up is a bit restrictive and diesels need to "breath".   Also got some low milage quick tach brackets for my mid mount as mine are horribly worn and let the deck get cock eyed and jammed up sometimes.   Saw lots of Horses I wanted to buy, should be in a position to get the next Horse for the stable this fall or next year at the latest.      Mike

• Like 1

briankd

just got home from there was there about 8 hrs today. we rented a golf cart wife says she wasn't walking all of it . may be next year will take at least my 857 over and ride around.(they require insurance i need to get mine insured ) a lot of guys riding wheel horses around the show. a lot of stuff to see. wasn't near as many guys there showing their wheel horse tractors like there was few yrs ago but was alot of wh parts picked me up some parts from a guy around FT wayne IN  he had a whole trailer load was a real nice guy. ran into couple guys from tennessee showing a few wheel horse tractors they weren't very talkative or not the least friendly.   

953 nut
51 minutes ago, artfull dodger said:

Had a great time today at Portland

2 minutes ago, briankd said:

just got home from there was there about 8 hrs today.

Neither one of you  took any pictures to share with us!    :wwp:

briankd
Just now, 953 nut said:

Neither one of you  took any pictures to share with us!  

yes i did but went to get them off my phone and they aren't there guess i need a new phone dangit!!!

one guy a local there i know him he a big WH guy hell he had 2 C series tractors painted JD green and yellow with JD hit and miss engines in them what a wreck they was that was one my pics 

• Sad 1

artfull dodger

I didnt take but one pic, of the Wheel Dan custom rollback that was at the L&GC booth.  I have trouble seeing my cell phone screen thru my tinted glasses and the sun's glare.  That and having my hands full driving among tons of people.   The swap meet isles were grid lock with golf carts and gators when I first got there.  Used to be mostly guys on smaller GT's pulling sulkys or carts.  Now its huge Kubota RTV's and JD Gators among the throng of golf carts.   Its a hand full not to get run down on a slow short frame Horse. That said, I got my mid mount brackets to replace my worn out ones from the guy with the trailer of WH parts.  I wanted that small slot hitch moldboad plow, but not in the budget today.     Mike

Edited by artfull dodger

Howie

I saw the two painted green. Just had to shake my head on that one.

artfull dodger

I saw those as well Howie, both had JD hit/miss engines in them.  Should have used the IH hit/miss, then the color would have been correct to start with!  LOL!    Mike the Aspie

Also, just tell them who your auto insurance is thru, thats all you need to do, along with paying your $10.   Only required at this show, not the spring or fall swap meet only shows.  No big deal.  I use an old motorcycle license plate to hang the decal so I do not have to stick it to my horse or my friend's sulky.   Mike the Aspie