Sign in to follow this  
Walhonding520

Hydro lever slides back

Walhonding520

My 520h directional/ speed lever won't stay in place, especially on any kind of incline so I have to drive with hand in lever always.  Is this normal and I should just get used to it or can it be tightened without causing any damage?

ohiofarmer

Here is a good place to start. On my tractor, you have to take the seat and seat pan off to get to the friction adjustment

• Like 3

EricF

There's a cam plate on top of the hydro unit. It's visible through an access hole when you tilt the seat up, or remove the fender pan if there's no hole. The friction adjustment is made by tightening the big bolt head that's in the center slot of the cam. Clean up any dirt and muck around it, snug it down some and wiggle the lever. It should stay put and still be easy to move with firm pressure.

If the friction adjustment is loose, not only will the lever not stay put, but the cam plate will wobble and resist moving to the end of its travel.

It doesn't hurt to clean and check the rest of the linkage going back to the lever, too.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Here's some pics to help out, Jeff.

IMAG1983.jpg

IMAG2067.jpg

• Like 1

Walhonding520

Just looked and it's loose and a mess. Going to clean linkage and tighten it up. Thanks for the quick response and help.

• Like 2

Walhonding520

WVHillbilly, i noticed you jumped the seat switch but I can't see close enough. Which two wires need connected and which wire did you leave?

WVHillbilly520H
34 minutes ago, Walhonding520 said:

WVHillbilly, i noticed you jumped the seat switch but I can't see close enough. Which two wires need connected and which wire did you leave?

Technically I didn't do it that's the way it showed up from my old T/WH dealer when I bought it, they had changed out the seat and that's how they got it to run without the operators presence switch, but it's just basically a jumper wire with spade terminals "U"ed between the black and orange wires in the main harness of the tractor to act like a made switch, Jeff.

Screenshot_20170807-163301.png