elcamino/wheelhorse

Snap Ring Size

elcamino/wheelhorse

I am cleaning a mule drive and one of the pulleys does not have a snap ring to hold the bearing in place . The pulley number is 101763 , I have looked in the manuals , a snap ring is listed but it does not give size. Does anyone know the size and where to purchase ?

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse

953 nut

If you have a Grainger store or other industrial supply store near by just take it in and they will match it up. They are sized by the bore of the hole the bearing slides into, for example, a 1 1/4" snap ring will measure 1.388" when not under tension. When installing the ring be sure to put the raised edge out, they are stamped out and the other side is rounded and won't hold as well.

• Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks for the idea , grainger use to have a store here , but not sure if it did not close.

elcamino/wheelhorse

@953 nut Your comment about Grainger got me to thinking and the light bulb came on , the is a a Fastenal Store about 4 miles from me , sell the rings so tomorrow or Tuesday off I go with pulley to pick up a package or two , I make pick up so e clips and nuts and bolts. Early Christmas present to my self.

• Like 1