Big_Red_Fred

K301

Big_Red_Fred

I pulled down the K301 on my C125, the Cylinder walls were gouged bad, i figured thats 1 of the reasons why the shop was smoke filled, my chin was on my chest in dis-pare . Not sure if 30 over will do the trick ? Does it make me a Bad Builder to move a M12 off a 312-8 parts tractor to the C125 ? I really want it running, so i can get ready for paint, So i guess the Electronics off 312 has to go with engine, sending to a machine shop Monday, see what their thoughts are  ?  Just one of those things that can give me a sleepless night & last night was it. Sorry no pics, left my good cell at home, just had blurry camera, Ed would have gave the old man heck ;-) 

pfrederi

If you swap it will not be hard but be sure you change out the ignition switch.  The C125 switch will fry the m12 magneto.

• Like 2

ericj

I might have a 12 hp block laying around that you could have for a reasonable price, maybe even more then 1, have to look

eric j

• Like 2

Sarge

There are small engine shops that can bore and sleeve that engine back to the original bore size and install a stock piston - I've got a K341 that is going to have it done as someone did a bad backyard rebuild on it ....

Sarge

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

They must have used that old 30 weight Chock full of nuts & bolts oil, Looked like a old 45 record in a Juke box, Groovy ! ;-) 

It was 205 am today at my shop, Rodger Miller was singing King of the Road, i was out of ice tea & my brain wasn't corresponding with my hands, so i locked it up & went home, But its a well worth lesson, even to a Old Wrencher, things dont always go right, but were here to make them right, King of the road wont leave my Head hahaha 

Shynon

You can go 40 over aftermarket piston and rings

• Like 3