reds8710

Buy or Pass?

reds8710

I feel like I should spring on this thing for $100 but I don't know much about the model in particular. Thought I'd ask you fine folks. 211-5. I feel like it wouldn't be hard to get out from underneath this thing for that cost if I decide to not hang on to it. Thoughts? 

Screenshot_2017-08-06-08-51-00.png

Screenshot_2017-08-06-08-51-05.png

Screenshot_2017-08-06-08-51-11.png

slim67

If I wanted a grass cutter I would definitely buy it for that. But thats about all it would be good for. Plus side is you could  at least double your money or more in the spring when everyone is looking for mowers.

reds8710

Thanks for the info. I don't really need it, nor do I want a project grass cutter. Heck, I don't really have the room for it. Think I'm gonna let this one pass. Thanks again. 

• Like 4

ericj
6 minutes ago, reds8710 said:

Thanks for the info. I don't really need it, nor do I want a project grass cutter. Heck, I don't really have the room for it. Think I'm gonna let this one pass. Thanks again. 

pass pass

eric j

• Like 1

Aldon

PASS

• Like 1

reds8710

Thanks again guys. I'm glad I asked. It looked like something cheap to tinker with, but considering my 314 is much more capable, I'd rather invest any money spent that direction. 

• Like 5

squonk

You guys that poo poo it  would be surprised what a little 200 series is capable of. I bought a 210-H brand new in 1990. Kept it for 20 yrs. I mowed, plowed snow, adapted a Simplicity blower for it an used that for about 6 yrs and pulled down a small tree with it. I had to put a seat on it, a diode and a tie rod and a few batteries. That's it. It was running like a top when I sold it.

• Like 8

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Poo...poo...

pass...pass!  :text-imsorry:

• Like 1

N3PUY

Buy it!   Clean the carb and go mow!   Then wash it and sell it for $250.

• Like 2

953 nut
3 hours ago, reds8710 said:

don't really need it, nor do I want a project grass cutter. Heck, I don't really have the room for it.

Kind of sounds like you answered your own question.    :handgestures-thumbupright:   Just because it is low priced doesn't make it a good buy.

• Like 2

Aldon

Especially when it's noted as not currently running. 

• Like 1

reds8710
On 8/6/2017 at 1:09 PM, 953 nut said:

Kind of sounds like you answered your own question.    :handgestures-thumbupright:   Just because it is low priced doesn't make it a good buy.

Very true. I'm sure it could have been worth parting out if I wanted to go that route and take the time, but after more careful consideration and some nudges from fellow forum members, it was just more worthwhile to pass. I'd rather take that 100 bucks towards purchases from our vendors. You guys are awesome, thanks again for straightening me out. I love this place. 👍

• Like 2

EricF
On 8/6/2017 at 11:08 AM, squonk said:

You guys that poo poo it  would be surprised what a little 200 series is capable of. I bought a 210-H brand new in 1990. Kept it for 20 yrs. I mowed, plowed snow, adapted a Simplicity blower for it an used that for about 6 yrs and pulled down a small tree with it. I had to put a seat on it, a diode and a tie rod and a few batteries. That's it. It was running like a top when I sold it.

Very true. Wheel Horse's lawn tractors were made to compete with the better lawn tractors from JD, Bolens, SImplicity, and the like. Not a box-store-grade lawn tractor at all. They were made with heavier-gauge steel and a with stronger Peeless transaxle unit than what a lot of lawn tractors make do with -- overbuilt in the typical Wheel Horse fashion.

For someone with a little time to go through it and tune it up, that could be a nice little lawn tractor to flip in the Spring for more than what it cost -- and the buyer would still get a bargain on something made far better than buying new at a big-box retailer.

• Like 2